Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wanted – your barbecue recipes!
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Well at the risk of screwing up the weather I’m contemplating the first bbq of the year tomorrow.

So ideas for simple but tasty recipes please!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That rubbery salty cheese – the greek stuff…what’s its name???? That works really well on a barbie.

As do flatbreads.

sc-xc

halloumi ^

It really is the best thing ever for barbies…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DickBarton

Bacon Explosion – not my recipe and not the healthiest but it does look the sort of thing worth trying just the once…I like the look of it but reckon I’d only manage a couple of bites of it.

nukeproof
    Free Member

That bacon explosion looks amazing…salivating just looking at it but then my arteries are hardening just looking at it

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks sc-xc! That’s the stuff, I absolutely love skewers of it with mushrooms in between. Those bits that char brown on the grill – making my mouth water.

And you really can’t beat a good homemade burger – try mixing lamb and beef mince, some mixed herbs (or just some rosemary) bit of dried chilly (take it easy there), season, very finely chopped onion (has to be tiny bits, otherwise makes the burger fall apart), little bit of (again, very finely chopped dry cured streaky bacon). Use an egg in the mixture if you’re worried about it falling to bits, but if you make them tonight and leave them in the fridge overnight, they’ll bind quite well and the flavour will be awesome by tomorrow.

I suggest a mix of lamb and beef as you don’t have to worry too much about how well it’s cooked…and while lamb burgers are nice, they can taste a little fatty sometimes. A mix of pork and beef is very nice too but I’d probably suggest pre-cooking them in the oven for a while and then charring them on the grill for flavour.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Halluomi wrapped in streaky bacon is even better.

Shoulder of lamb, stabbed to make wholes which you stick slivers of garlic cloves into. 1 shoulder can take about a dozen cloves of garlic. Stick it on the BBQ with the thin side of the meat down, wait for the fat flames to die down a bit and then turn it over so the thick bit of meat (thin side/thick side is depth of meat to the shoulder blade) can cook more slowly. Takes a while to cook, smells fantastic and you can pick at the flames seared thin side while the thick side is cooking.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wholes

Eh? 😆

Davy
    Free Member

Take 1 cow. Slap it on the barbecue. Cook until burned on the outside & still alive in the middle. Eat. Destroy any trace of food poisoning in your stomach with 5 gallons of beer/wine/whisky.

Barbecues don’t need recipes. They just need meat and booze.! MTFU! 🙂

joe1983
    Free Member

Get some chicken thigh meat and cut into bitesize chunks. Marinate in:

– large tablespoon honey
    – good dash soy sauce
    – large tablespoon peanut butter
    – few chillies crushed
    – few cloves garlic crushed
    – inch of ginger crushed

Leave for half an hour then lob the chicken on a kebab skewer, bit of token veg on the skewer optional.
    Trust me – they are well nice.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

wholes – the shame 🙁

apparentlyodd
    Free Member

lamb n mint burgers always go down a treat at ours 🙂

jimmy

that bacon explosion looks awful if only for the bbq flavourings added at every level.

I’d get a pork joint of some kind, roll it out and cover in fennel seeds, fresh rosemary & time, a few coriander seeds, too, plenty S&P and fold in half, then sizzle away. fennel seeds + crispy / melty pork = too good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wanted – your barbecue recipes!’ is closed to new replies.