Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wanted: SigmaPlot professional (paid hourly)
  • nickolai
    Free Member

Hello,

a non-profit organisation I work for needs a SigmaPlot professional who can create scientific graphs to be paid hourly. I am posting here because I saw some people experienced with SigmaPlot on this forum, but I didn’t find a way to message them directly.

e.g. graphs like this (except they don’t need to be able to draw animals):
    http://www.quenerd.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/kurzweil.gif

If you are interested, please email me at nickolai at singinst.org

Best regards,
    Nickolai Leschov

MSP

Will they be creating these graphs to interpret meaningless waffle? I think the communications director role is the one that needs filling first. 😉

The Singularity Institute brings rational analysis and rational strategy to the challenges facing humanity as we develop cognitive technologies that will exceed the current upper bounds on human intelligence. Inspired by the latest science of human fallibility, we strive to correct the biases that run wild in standard futurism and philanthropy; we convene the annual Singularity Summit to coordinate and educate scientists and other concerned individuals on these issues; inspire our Visiting Fellows from college students to PhDs to address these issues in their future careers; and support our Research Fellows as they engage in original research on topics ranging from human rationality and cognitive enhancement to foundational research in Artificial Intelligence.

user-removed
    Free Member

Oh WAIT! Paid, you say…. Sorry…

choron
    Free Member

Okay, I simply have to chip in here.

I work in a field which is vaguely related to the Singularity Institute, (ML type stuff, not cognition), and certainly the Singularity Institute appears to be above board judging from the website.

However, given the number of (very) smart people at this place, why do they need to employ someone to plot a few graphs? The one in the link is about 2 minutes of work for someone who knows what they’re doing, it would take more time to sort out the pay than do the work!

Also, why are you advertising this position on a bike forum?

bizarre…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wanted: SigmaPlot professional (paid hourly)’ is closed to new replies.