Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Want to see what my colleagues have been upto?
  • matt_outandabout

How was your day? Opening a new school playground here… 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o3eL1K]Before + After 01[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr[url=https://flic.kr/p/nHYPbz]Before + After 02[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

More on https://twitter.com/gflscotland

choppersquad
    Free Member

That’s very cool.
    Would love a job that brings that much satisfaction.

takisawa2

Good effort that man.
    (And colleagues).

matt_outandabout

I do the easy bit – I work with teachers.
    They do the hard bit, working with kids council staff daily.

JoeG
    Free Member

Blue plastic chair is out of place in the last photo! 😡

😉

matt_outandabout

The Lord Provost and Councillor needed somewhere to sit -apparently diving in the sand pit with the kids wasn’t the done thing for them… 😆

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Nice effort , bet the kids love it!!! got a bit bored of the shed pics on your flickr though!!! 😀

hora
    Free Member

Awesome 🙂

I did wonder though how many ‘claims’ certain parents must put in for grazed arms etc. The regs/etc must be strict to build and design one of those.

matt_outandabout

I did wonder though how many ‘claims’ certain parents must put in for grazed arms etc. The regs/etc must be strict to build and design one of those.

Au contraire.
    The tide has turned with such things. Courts and councils are telling people do ‘do one’ when trying it on. Numerous courts and councils are quoting Health and Safety Executive with ‘as safe as needed, not as safe as possible’ and [paraphrased] ‘the best way to prepare our children for a world full of risk, is to experience risk first hand, and learn to manage it for themselves’.
    Where better to learn how to handle such things?
    Industry is lagging – try getting our ‘risk vs benefit’ assessments past many in industry, or removed from education. But the time will come.
    Don’t get me wrong, it can still be a challenge, and people still try, and the ‘elf n safety man (guvnor) can still be a chump…but we have ways and means. One latest one is a council that was to ban all car tyres from schools as they were assessed as a fire risk (we use them for ‘loose materials play’). I asked everyone in the meeting to stand up and move their cars – because they were about to burst into flames… Or another H&S manager in a council who was wanting to remove all sand from schools, parks, nurseries etc – we could not get through to him, so got the local newspaper to publish the story, and ask him for his comment…HSE contacted him direct and told him to sort his life out and stop being a silly billy…and then published the story on their ‘myth busting’ site…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Want to see what my colleagues have been upto?’ is closed to new replies.