• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Want to see some Alps pics?
  • Alex

From our trip last week.

Dry

Col de Cou by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Ian Col de Cou by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Above Switzerland by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Above Switzerland. by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Sian on Col de Cou by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Kind of beats a pic of the bike in your garden by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Way above Chatel by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Haydn – somewhere above Chatel by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Col de Cou descent by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Wet

Boat 2657… come in your time is up by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Looking for a dry line. by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Les Lindarets PPDS stop by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Somewhere high in France by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Matt climbing on the Col de Cou by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

PPDS day was shitty weather. Rained at the bottom, sleeted at the top, never stopped, didn’t finish it. Actually fun off the lifts but sodding cold on them especially over Champery way. Rest of the week we went exploring with a map, guidebook and vague sense of direction.

Got lost, had to get a taxi-bus home one night after we missed the last lift from Chatel due spending ages finding the ‘Jenkins Downhill’. Worth it tho as without doubt the steepest, rootiest, full on trail I’ve ever ridden. Immense it was.

Didn’t get many riding pictures as most of the time was having too much fun / too terrified to try and get off. Bike park was fine (black under Plenny the best of them) but getting out / getting lost/ exploring was bloody brilliant.

We’re going back next year. Rocket was fantastic out there once I learned to trust it more than the brakes. Had a couple of decent stacks but nothing that stopped me riding/drinking/eating endless cheese based dishes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

looks alriiight, ‘spose (envy-o-meter reading 10). Giant buttercups would’ve intimidated me though

Drac

Bastard!

kayak23

Great pictures. Always a bit of a shame when it rains but still rad.

timidwheeler

Thanks for posting. Great pics.

Alex

Yeah it hammered it down one other day as well so – being hard mountain men – we went shopping and had lunch 😉 Stil got 6 fab days riding in. Couple of the trails really cut up after the deluge but most of them were just fun sliding about. There’s so much more to do. Which I’m pretty happy about 🙂

There’s some more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexleigh/sets/72157634538886508/

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lovely pics thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stunning, thanks for sharing

Scamper
    Free Member

Great pics. We did the Friday, cold on the lifts and one or two of the descents were a mud fest, so must have been interesting on the sat.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Whoever you are.. You are so cruel 🙁 …our alpine trip is cancelled this year 🙁

..seriously.lovely pics, thanks for sharing.. Very jealous here 🙁

godzilla
    Free Member

Great pics, there 3rd of next month and its going to be a painful wait.
    Cheers for sharing 😀

singletrackmind

Its an epic push up to the col du cou isnt it. Was no snow when we were there in Sept .
    Sian is brave , no pads on at all .

Alex

We really wanted to go on Friday 😉

Sian rode most of that (except the snowy bits) – impressive. We took one look at it and thought ‘you know what, that’ll make a nice push’. Took a while. But worth it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Want to see some Alps pics?’ is closed to new replies.