Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • want to ride but pulled quads
  • andybrad

So ive managed to pull the measly muscles that I have in both legs (over did the squats yesterday) which is having my comically walking round the office while they take turns in tightening up and send me grabbing onto stuff.

Now I want to get out on the bike tonight, ive missed the social ride for a month now and will be missing future ones so need to get out. Im loading up on ibuprofen but how can I get them to loosen up before 5pm?

secretary doesn’t seem keen on giving my a rub down….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bad idea. Another week waiting for the social ride won’t kill you. Riding tonight will make whatever problem you’ve got worse.

andybrad

it might. missing it a lot

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ride tonight and you won’t ride again for weeks ….

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Getting out for a gentle spin will help recovery 😀

andybrad

that’s my thinking.

Currently standing up is borderline. im sure itll spin out, I hope. Still after any advice to get them going.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Lie on your front and do some bum cheek squeezing. You may get some reciprocal recovery. Or a reprimand, depends where you work, really…

andybrad

lol,

ill try anything….

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

When you say pulled quads, do mean actual injury or is it DOMS ?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Get one of your mates who owns a Raleigh Chopper to give you a backy

andybrad

no idea, whats the diff?

que doing squats with a bar, not a lot of weight shortly followed by cramp and my jumping about a lot for a day.

andybrad

Got a mile before it went tits up.

So rest it is then 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Post thread, ask advice, ignore advice ! I hope it was a long uncomfortable hobble home 😉

Next day was clearly too soon based on what you said. I’ve had a lot of bother with muscle tears over my life, repeatedly went back too soon / played on.

andybrad

ah not really, what I asked for was help in getting them going and getting out on the bike.

not had pain like this before tbh from a pulled muscle.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Only jesting, healing vibes … this sadly takes longer the older you get

epicyclo

jambalaya – Member
    Ride tonight and you won’t ride again for weeks ….

I know this from experience. Kept jumping on bike too soon and bang, there we go again, back to scratch.

coogan
    Free Member

I love getting out for a ride, but can’t understand if yer legs are fecked, let them heal! You’ll just make it worse. Missing a few rides is hardly the worse thing in the world. Or to some, it seems it is.

andybrad

time is very precious at the moment. In the last 10 rides ive had to cancel 7 of them at short notice so its important for me to get out when I can.

Unfortunately now I feel like ive got flu! really rough as. Dont know why but I seem to get this after ive over done it. loaded up on berocca and paracetamol is there anything else to try before I just go for it and hit the beers hard.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘want to ride but pulled quads’ is closed to new replies.