Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Want to make a little girl happy and win a Troy Lee Jersey???
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Hey everyone!

Well it’s been a long busy day but Evie did amazingly!!
    After being brought into the hall she was sat on her own in front of 300 children whilst the head teacher rambled on and on.
    I was amazed at how brave she was, she’s a fairly quiet and timid girl but she sat there beaming away and looked so happy.
    No tears as the chop took place and within a few seconds we had over 20″ of hair ready to go to some other special little girl.
    It’s been a long day for her so we are going to do the draw tomorrow after school as she wants to make a little video to say thank you to you all.

As you can imagine I’m a very very proud dad today and you lot should be to. We still need to get the remnants in and have a final count up but I’m confident we’ll be topping the £1500 figure which is astounding bearing in mind the original £500 figure I thought was reaching a bit!!

So until tomorrow it’s a big thank you for your part in her little adventure and a big smile from the special girl herself!

vondally
    Free Member

Brilliant, tremendous stuff!

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Absolutely awesome 8)
    (Your new hair style is fab, Evie!)

choppersquad
    Free Member

She does look properly cool with her new Bob.
    Great stuff proud dad.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Wow!
    huge thank you to everyone especially those that have done so in the last 24 hours! This total keeps going up!!

Ahead of the draw this evening can I just make sure I’ve got everyone ready for the draw. By reckoning it should be those listed below but shout if your not down as not everyone posted on here and I’ve done my best at trawling through the donations on the justgiving page!

ti_pin_man
    wonkey_donkey
    Pyro
    big_scot_nanny
    bluebird
    Alphabet
    4130s0ul
    phil56
    spawnofyorkshire
    Rubber_Buccaneer
    unsponsored
    bearnecessities
    marp
    choppersquad
    vondally
    easygirl
    crapjumper
    Jef Wachowchow
    shifter
    jkomo
    lungman
    convert
    mantaray
    Rusty Mac
    huckleberryfatt
    Sodajim
    Notmyrealname

sturmeyarcher

Better late than never and a bump for the evening crowd.

Give that Evie of yours a huge high five from all at SturmeyArcher Towers 🙂

gravitysucks
    Free Member

And we have some winners!

I’ll type up the winners later but for now I’ll let Evie tell you herself!

[video]http://youtu.be/BKBelNrXCkw[/video]

RustyMac

Yay I’ve won something I think. Well I am one of the 4 runners up.

Congratulations Evie, I hope my little girl grows up to be as thoughtful and generous as you.

shifter
    Free Member

I know that it’s Ariel and Belle on that bin! How did my life turn out this way?
    Well done Evie 🙂

spawnofyorkshire

More than one winner in all of this;
    1. A little girl somewhere is getting a new wig of some lovely long hair, at a time when she’ll really need it
    2. Evie – awesome, just awesome
    3. Proud dad Dan
    4. The STW collective for getting behind her (love this place sometimes)
    5. The git who won the raffle (gah… i never win owt)

shifter
    Free Member

Crampjumper – bet you weren’t thinking of this when you chose your name eh?!

crapjumper
    Free Member

Shifter – you’re not wrong there . I only checked this thread again this morning and I’m having a bitch of a day in work so this has cheered me up no end . As spawnofyorkshire said there are lots of winners .

crapjumper
    Free Member

Gravitysucks- Dan you must be bursting with pride with Evie and what she has achieved here .

Pyro

Awesome. Well done the winner and runners-up, and most of all fantastic work Evie and Dan 🙂

bearnecessities

Yay, runner-up *runs around office*

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Indeed crapjumper, super proud!! She’s been super excited about this for a while now and I’m so happy to see it all come to fruition with some many positive vibes coming from everyone!
    Its done her confidence the world of good and highlighted to everyone what I already knew. What a kind, thoughtful and selfless person she is!

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

yes i’m a runner up woohoo! Thanks Evie!

And well done STW – feel good thread of the year 🙂

Well done Dan – you should be super proud.

big_scot_nanny

Man, the suspense was killing me watching that! She knows how to work a crowd… 🙂

Great work Evie!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

So as her up there said /\

The winner of the Jersey is Crampjumper 😉

Runners up are…
    Wonkey_Donkey
    Rusty Mac
    Bearnecessities
    SturmeyArcher (after squeezing in at the 11th hour!)

I’ll get an email off to you all shortly so I can grab your addresses.

You should all be extremely proud of yourselves for getting on board and supporting her. I was in to minds whether to float it on here but once again you lot have proved just how positive this community really is.

Not that the figures matter but I think you should all know that the STW collective accounted for over £400.00 of the donations received when you take the gift aid into account.
    That’s roughly 33% of all the donations received, from a bunch of strangers spread across the world that have never even met me let alone Evie!

Its taught her an important life lesson about how if you strive to do something good and positive people will always get behind you, not matter who you are.

Your all amazing, and I only wish I could thank you all in person!

sturmeyarcher

Whoop! I’ve not won anything since scooping an out of date jar of cranberry sauce from the lucky dip at the 1982 school fete.

Chapeau to all involved and congratulations to Evie for making so many people happy.

bearnecessities

The runners up prize is way better than the jersey!

Thank you 😀

shifter
    Free Member

Whadisit? Whadisit? Whadisit?!

theotherjonv

Just seen this, so added a late entry. I never win raffles, so let’s pretend I was in it and didn’t win.

Well done Evie!

sturmeyarcher

Yep, super awesome runners-up prize – even more people are happy now 🙂

bearnecessities

I eat really well, like really well, every day, without fail. I resist everything right now. It’s a total bore.

This morning, I devoured around 600 calories of pure sugar in one go, and I bloody loved it. Would never have done that without it being posted though my letterbox. Thanks 😀

Still got another packet to go!

*collapses from hyperglycemia*

Rscott
    Free Member

I was part way through donating, when I got called away and never went back to it i just added £5 to your total, what a great thing to do.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Want to make a little girl happy and win a Troy Lee Jersey???’ is closed to new replies.