Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Want to make a little girl happy and win a Troy Lee Jersey???
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Hey all,

My little girl has decided to cut her stupidly long hair off so she can donate it to the little Princess Trust. This charity was set up to make wigs for children with health problems which can range from cancer treatment to alopecia.

I’m extremely proud of her not only because I know how much she loves her long locks but mainly because she’s 7 and decided to do this all herself!!

Each wig costs up to £500 to be made by the charity so as well as donating her locks she’s also trying to raise some money whilst she’s at it. She’s almost there now and very close to the £500 she wanted to raise so I’m having a last push in the hope we can put a smile on her face as big as the lucky child that will end up with a 20″ wig!

I know times are tight and I’m not one to come on here asking people so as an incentive I’ve got a brand new Troy Lee Designs short sleeve jersey that I’ll give to one lucky donatee. So if you’ve got a couple of quid in your paypal account and fancy a new jersey it’d be awesome if you could help out.
    You might get a cool jersey for a bargain price or worse case scenario you’ve made a child very happy and ultimately karma will swing around when you bump into that hot girl / boy you see every few weeks.

Donations can be through her justgiving page here….
    https://www.justgiving.com/eviep

If you make a donation, post on here saying so and I’ll get her to conjure up a prize draw for the jersey later!!

Joanna Rowsell is also ambassador for the Little Princess Trust if you need any further tenuous cycling links!!!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

fabulous, donated and shes met her target, chappeau dan.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cheers wonkey_donkey!!!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Gold star ti_pin_man!!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The suns shining on Pyro’s and he’s in the drawer!

big_scot_nanny

Well done that girl, donated!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

^ Good man.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

welcome, and well done her!

bluebird
    Free Member

What a nice kid you have there. I’ve just donated a bit.

Alphabet

Great idea and a great kid you have there, donated.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Thanks muchly Bluebird & Alphabet!!

I do love the kindness of strangers!

Just noticed there’s an anonymous donation on there. Make sure you either put your name on there or here so I don’t miss anyone off the prize drawer!

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Such a great thing to do. donation paid over. and I’ve spread the link around a few people at work and others, they may not be into cycling but that’s not the point here is it.
    keep up the good work
    (Anthony)

phil56

Great thing for your daughter to be doing – Glad to be able to donate and help her efforts

spawnofyorkshire

you must be very proud dan
    donated

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve been growing my hair since I was a baby and now its so long it covers my bottom!!

I have a similar problem with hair covering my bottom, maybe I should get a wax! Donation made in compensation for poor taste 🙂

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Thanks for the support Anthony.
    Phil, Spawn, Rubber your all gonna win big on the lottery at some point!!*

You think i’d raise as much if I veet’d my butt rubber_buccaneer?

(* disclaimer. This may or may not happen)

unsponsored
    Free Member

A great cause. Well done little one.

Have donated.

bearnecessities

Done 🙂 (Richard)

marp
    Free Member

what a great thing for your daughter to do. If i were lucky enough to win the t-shirt, please sell it and use the money to buy your daughter something nice.

Cheers

Matt liston

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Unsponsored, bear & Marp all onboard and have helped to get us past £700!!!!
    Wow amazing stuff everyone. Evie’s well chuffed and so thankful to you all!!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Just donated.
    You must be very proud to have such a kind and unselfish daughter.
    Hope she enjoys the haircut!

vondally
    Free Member

Hello just donated, well done Evie!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Excellent work peeps.
    Thank you muchly chopper and vondally!!
    Evie is loving the messages of support and giggling to herself at all of your funny names!

easygirl

Just et a donation, well done to her

crapjumper
    Free Member

Just donated mate , what a little star you’ve got there !

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Thanks easygirl and crapjumper.
    The totals doing amazingly. We have also received a few offline donations so could even hit over £1000 when all done. Astounding!!
    I’ll leave the drawer until Sunday eve in case we get any last minute donations and Evie want to conjure up some method of selecting that currently includes the dog 😕

Thanks everyone once again!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

friendly bump

bearnecessities

To note, I won’t be giving the jersey away if I win 🙂

How much inc offline is she away from £1k?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

£783.00 Online
    maybe £100.00 offline but I’ll try and get these online over the weekend.
    I reckon she’s very close now. Theres also a couple of boxes we made up at the school and the hairdressers who’d doing the chop so should hopefully get a few quid from there as well.
    Add to that the £185.25 in gift aid additions currently online and it might even be on its way to £1500.00 which is quite frankly crazy!!!

The girls doing good!

bearnecessities

She’s doing great and such a lovely mind that wants to do such a thing. You must be ridiculously proud!

spawnofyorkshire

that is awesome!

Depending who your employer is they may match fund at least part of the fundraising that’s taken place
    A lot of places don’t advertise it

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

What a smashing cause! What a thoughtful girl you have!

shifter
    Free Member

Good girl. Fiver in.

jkomo

What a lovely thing to do. I’m in!

lungman

Great job donated

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Doffs hat to Jef, Shifter, Jkomo & Lungman.

Thanks one and all!

convert

nice one!

mantaray
    Free Member

What a nice thing to do 🙂

bearnecessities

Well, how did it go today?!

RustyMac

Don’t know about the hair cut but the running total appears to have hit that magic 1k figure 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Want to make a little girl happy and win a Troy Lee Jersey???’ is closed to new replies.