• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Sui.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Want to do a night ride somewhere between Uttoxeter and Coventry Thursday night
  • Sui
    Free Member

AS i will be at a loose end between meetings, where can i go and almost as import will i need a guide?

Is the Chase going to be the only answer (not been for many years)

ta

jekkyl

try these mate.
    http://singletrackworld.com/trailguide/uk/east-midlands/east-midlands/
    Just south of the A50, so if you’re in Uttoxeter travelling time is short.
    I’ve done the ride described on there: ‘tour of ticknall’ and the pdf for it is the one listed as ‘toughish route’
    It’s not particularly techy but is pretty fast in places and there’s next to bugger all climbing, perfect for a night ride.
    Alternatively I could send you a gpx for a ride starting near alton towers, just checked the map and it starts 17 mins driving north of uttoxeter, Near Threapwood quarry, parking at the queens pub: postcode: ST10 1RF. so if you’re heading south perhaps not ideal. This is my new favourite place to ride and there is lots of speed and tech and climbing. about 15 miles, 2 hours or so of riding, lots of woods and singletrack. email in profile if you like it.
    And yes the chase is always open, day and night and nice easy way marked trails for pebbley fun.

Sui
    Free Member

Cheers Jekkyl prefer not to go north, not booked accommodation yet. Will have a look at the link you sent. Many thanks..

benji
    Free Member

Cannock chase the real piece not the trail centre.

jekkyl

Cannock chase at night? make sure you take protection! the black eyed girl has been sighted again recently, taking a poo in the woods, someone filmed her with a drone.
    joking aside I would be wary of venturing off piste at night unless with someone else, there’s no phone signal in lots of it and you could very easily get lost. If you do the trails then High Voltage & Devil’s Staircase are still closed for maintenance and improvement works. So I wouldn’t bother with cardiac hill and instead just go left before the climb and head along the road to where you cross over to the monkey, it saves going up a horrible climb just for a fireroad down.

Sui
    Free Member

cheers Chaps,

Yes i remember there being no phone signal, which makes life interesting for someone without the knowledge..

So as a last ditch attempt – who wants to do a ride on Thursday at the Chase and wants to show me around?

RickSpangle
    Free Member

I may be out Thursday evening with a few mates. What time were you thinking??

Sui
    Free Member

sweet. Quite flexible, i haven’t booked lodgings yet, so can be at trail head from 5 onwards if need be! Will bring lights for a later start.

Sui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Want to do a night ride somewhere between Uttoxeter and Coventry Thursday night’ is closed to new replies.