Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Want to ditch the pack for good, recommend me a back-pocket "organiser".
  • mattjg
    Free Member

I use one of these: http://www.theomm.com/products/pouches?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=20&category_id=6

It can hold:
    * small pump
    * tube, levers
    * trail tool, select spares (brake pads, chain links)
    * gel or 2
    * lightweight jacket such as a Paclite or roadie shell
    * keys
    * phone

I run hot on a bike so prefer back unencumbered if poss. I’ll move up to a pack if I need to carry spare layers. The bag goes straight in the pack so no repacking needed.

mokl
    Free Member

Thanks all for the wealth of suggestions – there are several “goers” amongst them. I actually spotted the thread about “Beerbabe” last night and sent her a message. The tool wallet thing looks really good although a trifle large for a jersey pocket. I sent her a message and it seems as though she is working on something! I’ll keep you all updated as am interested to see what she comes up with.

Vortexracing

Great, that saves me emailing her.

TBH a slightly larger version of this would be ideal.

The TransAlper Camera / Phone Case

Beerbabe
    Free Member

Following email from Moki & comments from Vortexreacing, I’ve made this & added it to the website:
    http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2840540-Mini-Tool-Roll.html

JRTG
    Free Member

Another vote for the rapha essentials case. That holds:

Chain tool
    Allen tool
    Tyre levers
    Co2 inflator and cartridges
    Spoke key
    Spare brake pads
    Puncture kits

In the opposite pocket I have a mini pump and a tube and maybe a bar or gel etc, middle pocket has arms warmers and or gillet depending on conditions. Works well for me!

cookeaa

Third bottle cage with a storage bottle? Zefal gizmo or similar to get the extra bottle bosses?

I’m a big fan of ditching the pack for pretty much all types of riding.

Vortexracing

by eck that was quick Judy 😀

order on it’s way, together with a phone case.

mokl
    Free Member

http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2840540-Mini-Tool-Roll.html

This is the kind of thing I want! That was certainly quick.

riklegge

Just for reference- sports pursuit website have the lezyne organiser thing for £18: http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/lezyne-collection/smart-wallet-loaded-black

swanny853

Just to chuck another suggestion on, late or not. Alpkit mission packs work for me- http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16555&category_id=250

Smallest one makes a good pouch for puncture related junk, emergency co2 spare bits of chain, etc. Stick it in the next size up with a mini pump, tool, anything else you fancy, fits a jersey pocket nicely.

mokl
    Free Member

Thanks riklegge and swanny – both of those are great suggestions. I have ordered the Beerbabe one as it would have been rude not to after she created it in a day!

garage-dweller

Seat pack. I have a cube one that’s ok in the filth and I wrap the more sensitive innards. I also had one of those topeak ones but found the shape a little awkward/narrow for mtb tubes. Fine for the road bike though.

Couldn’t care less about the pack getting filthy and wet on a ride. It only gets opened every half dozen rides. I get more worried about cow poo getting splattered on my water bottle!!!

TiRed

Had the Lezyne pack (Medium). Great size, but the velcro is so strong it eventually pulls the seals apart. Ordered a beerbabe special which has a wrap instead.

BenjiM

£45 for what is essentially a pencil case? Jesus wept.
    Cheapo Pencil Case

thebrowndog
    Free Member

What about a fuel tank that attaches to the stem/top tube. This is large Topeak jobbie for around £30 but there are heaps of styles. Ive got one for bikepacking but it’s now a permanent fixture as its a lot more convenient than a saddle pack and doesn’t get covered in mud. Its big enough for a big volume tube, multitool, 2x CO2 canisters, phone, keys and a few other bits.

OCB
    Free Member

What about a BDU ‘pocket’ organiser?

Both SpecOps and Maxpedition do a range of sizes now (as I dare say do other manufacturers).

Made of a generic ‘cordura’ material, so only kinda water-resistant, but certainly very tough.

Vortexracing

Just got the new mini tool roll and a custom phone case/wallet from Judy at beerbabe, turned them around in 2 days!!!!

superb quality, price and service

ta Judy.

oldgit
    Free Member

Little resealable poly bags. Compress tube/tubes pop in, squeeze out air and seal.
    Money and phone in the same.
    Pump and jacket/gilet in centre pocket.

29er tubes are big, so I use one of those funky velcro straps to attach a tube and levers permanently to the seat post. Leaves plenty of pocket space.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ohh….just bought a beerbabe one!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Want to ditch the pack for good, recommend me a back-pocket "organiser".’ is closed to new replies.