Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Want new forks for untapered headtube?
  • organic355
    Free Member

So I fancied trying some 120mm forks on my Turner Flux DW (2011).

What are my options?, as most new forks are tapered and have maxle.

Dont want new wheels so need something compatible with regular skewers too.

Assume my only option is now 2nd hand?

dan86
    Free Member

This should filter out everything that won’t fit! http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/forks?f=2258,4294957478,4294964891

fooman

Rockshox are doing the 2016 120mm Rebas in 1-1/8″ which is good news for older frame users. Alltricks (France) have them.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Those rebas will probably be good. I saw a review once where some guy reckoned the flux sweetspot was when he took some spacers out to 110mm, although you could also run more sag.

I had 100mm sids on my medium 2009 dw-flux then went 120mm Magura Durins and did find more wandery on the climbs than I would have liked, when treating it as a purely XC machine.

I now have a large flux with 120 Sids and an 85mm stem and I still have to concentrate to keep the front from wandering.

Another option is some decent 2nd hand forks and send them in to TF tuned for pushing or similar.

adsh
    Free Member

May have been me ^. I still run it at 110mm and love it. Can’t believe 10mm made any difference but it did.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I can’t find a link to it but I’m sure I saw Fox where going to release some special edition fork with a straight steered and for 26″ wheels but with the modern internals. It wasn’t going to be cheap though!

karl1824
    Free Member

If your interested have some Rock shox SID 120mm RLT Ti forks in white, 195mm steerer tube. top of the range, Compression and rebound adjust and threshold compression adjust. They have a few small marks but very little use. Bought as upgrade for a bike late in 2011 and got new bike at end of that year, Used for the odd XC race between then and now, that all. £150. Think it comes with seal kit as well but would need to check.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Rockshox are doing the 2016 120mm Rebas in 1-1/8″ which is good news for older frame users. Alltricks (France) have them.

This. SIDs as well, if you want something lighter still. Plus you don’t need to get them from France as your LBS should be able to match the price.

drovercycles
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw Fox where going to release some special edition fork with a straight steered and for 26″ wheels but with the modern internals.

This too, it’s not a special edition though, just a regular price list item. You can’t get the Kashima-coated Factory series forks (though they may have done these as a special) but the anodised stanchion, Performance series forks are available – £459 RRP for 26″/120mm/QR/straight steerer.

smatkins1
    Free Member

This is what I’d seen, not as special as I had remembered though!

Mojo commissions a one-off run of 26″ Fox 32 forks for 2016

drovercycles
    Free Member

That looks like the ones, though they’re definitely listing a 120mm model (in fact they list 100, 120 and 140mm on the price list rather than the 150mm that the article mentions).

sparkerfix

Did the 2011 flux have 44mm head tube?

timber

Interesting to know about the Fox, been thinking about new forks for my Cove Stiffee and so far only really found 2016 RS Revelations with bolt through.

Next thing to solve is reducers for my Crossmax from 20mm down to 15mm for QR15.

Or rebuild my aged Pikes, again.

core

I thought I’d have this problem long term, so I sold my mk2 soul frame and bought a second hand mk3, made a fiver, and possibly lost a little bit of compliance from the skinnier seat tube, but I can now get a dropper post cheap, and even run 650b forks if needs be.

Pinkbike is full of seemingly good, cheap second hand 26″ forks though!

molgrips
    Free Member

Talk to Mojo…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Want new forks for untapered headtube?’ is closed to new replies.