Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Want early release from jail? Do some community work.
  • aracer
    Free Member

According to Lady Justice Hallett. In reality I suspect you may also need some friends in high up places.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He did some time – that’ll do for me. What good does jailing him for longer do?

cynic-al
    Free Member

what’s that on your shoulder?

aracer
    Free Member

Does that apply to everybody who’s served 20% of their sentence, TJ, or just Labour peers?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Aracer, your Daily Mail has just plopped onto your doormat.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Would he have even gone to jail if he was Joe Public?

aracer
    Free Member

He pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, sf – the sentencing guidelines for which say “Non custodial options may be considered, but usually a custodial penalty is appropriate”, so probably, yes.

The thing is, the appeal doesn’t seem to have been anything to do with suggesting the sentence was inappropriate for the offence. I’m also really not sure why the forum is so supporting of him when we’re usually wanting to hang motoring offenders.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I can’t see what makes him any different to the guy we had in (a Guilberts Stationary van driver) who did his full 3 years for death by dangerous, who crashed while texting & killed someone. ‘Mitigating circumstances’ Bollox.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i think the crucial difference is that he didn’t cause death by dangerous driving

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Want early release from jail? Do some community work.’ is closed to new replies.