Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Want a light weight set of xc/trail brakes what are best to go for?
  • fozworth
    Free Member

Im building a ss mtb .Im now looking at getting a set of light weight non problematic set of disc brakes .Ive always had hope brakes so am not familiar with other brands .Are there some light trick looking brakes that anyone can recommend that wont brake the bank ?

tonyd

How light and what’s your budget? Why not just get some Hope if that’s what you know, you can do a lot worse.

radoggair
    Free Member

xtr, formula 1 carbon, whats your budget?

gears_suck
    Free Member

I just built up a pipedream Sirius ss. I found the best value for money was xt icetech they look great, work great and did’t cost the earth.

chrismac

Set of XT, easy to use, service and work well

gears_suck
    Free Member

Ha ha. He said “brake the bank.”

fozworth
    Free Member

chain reaction are selling formular T1s brake sets for £167 but not sure if there any good?

campfreddie
    Free Member

i also see that they have just dropped their RX brakesets to £122 which undercuts Merlin cycles. would be interesting to see whether these have the brake levers the right way round for uk usage, or whether they need their hoses swapped over (which is a faff if you don’t have a bleed kit)

the T1s brakes are basically excatly the same as the regular T1 brakeset but are OE equipment for specialized (i think the colour scheme is slightly different…)

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Formulas.

motozulu
    Free Member

Have a look at the Formula RX brakes – are coming up well in reviews for reliability, cost and weight. My Cube has em standard but I don’t get it until April, so can’t comment personally – yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Want a light weight set of xc/trail brakes what are best to go for?’ is closed to new replies.