Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Want a Job as an MTB guide? in Italy?
  • nasher
    Free Member

We at Rivierabike are looking for an MTB guide for 6 months in Italy this year.

You will mainly be an MTB guide but there will be the occasional spot of driving to be done so you need a clean licence allowing you to drive a 9 seater and trailer and be 25 years of age or more.

You will have your own place, food, money, spares for your bike, freebies from sponsors, and be able to buy bikes and kit at trade prices…. Guests also try to get the guides drunk so free alcohol!!

Based in Molini di Triora, in the Argentina Valley, Liguria, you will ride in the Maritime Alps which borders Italy and France , and also the coastal trails from San Remo to Finale Ligure. You need to be able to climb up hills as well as down them and ideally ride a 150/160 style of bike….no DH’ers unless you have both.

Experience of guiding useful but not essential.

Drop us an email for further info… contact details are in the link above

Ciao

A

plumber
    Free Member

I’m off to hand my notice in

See you tomorrow

Plum

trickydisco
    Free Member

nasher.. linky bust

needs to be

http://www.rivierabike.co.uk/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrecker
    Free Member

You had to post this whilst I’m arguing with the Mrs didn’t you?

alpin
    Free Member

so very tempted, but have work set up already….

… and then there’s the GF to think of….. aww.

_tom_
    Free Member

I shall be sending an email later I reckon, probably fit enough to do this sort of thing now 🙂

easygirl

you dont need to be fit, raaaay used to do it and he was a big lad

ton

what about a more mature guide………. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

You do need to be able to ride 5-6 days a week for the period though.

trickydisco
    Free Member

This sounds amazing.. I think work would give me 6 months off

alfabus
    Free Member

You need to be able to climb up hills as well as down them

Dammit – I would have been all over this, but I can’t climb down hills. Can Jedi teach me how to do that?

hora
    Free Member

OP do you have to be able to ride proficiently?

wwaswas

I’d imagine, possibly on a bike that actually fits you as well 😉

juan
    Free Member

Hey adi if you need help for a few weeks just let me know
    I’ll happily come round to do it for you
    HTH
    Juan

dowth
    Free Member

Hi Nasher, just to confirm I have mailed you regarding the above post. Cheers

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m sure the paying customers will be happy to wait for the guide, pick them up when they fall, perhaps even give them a hand with the navigation

makkag
    Free Member

just been told got 4 weeks work left then find another job !! , no commitments so have emailed .. bit about going up hills worries me though big bloody hills in the Alps !!!

d45yth
    Free Member

Leave me alone and stop tormenting me!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Just playing devils advocate as a potential future paying guest but I’m a bit surprised given the reputation of RB that guiding experience and qualifications arent a mandatory requirement? I’d have thought clients would like to think they were paying for some level of professionalism.

Possibly a bit biased/sensitive having ridden with a company who despite appearing to specify such qualifications managed to lose clients and not know what to do, have excessively sized groups, send clients off riding on their own etc etc, but navigational skills, first aid training etc surely essential CV material?

paddy0091
    Free Member

responded.

Patrick 🙂

crotchrocket
    Free Member

If you’d met Adie you’d know professionalism and manners were no bar to being a guide.
    Nice to have, but not a bar.
    Fwiw, Jo more than makes up for Adie.

jedi

alfabus 🙂 same skills

hora
    Free Member

I’m sure the paying customers will be happy to wait for the guide, pick them up when they fall, perhaps even give them a hand with the navigation

That sounds like the kinda Guide I’d be 8)

mattbee

I’ve known Ade since the mid 90s. He’d dreamt of setting up his holiday company for years, saved all his money and spent years of holiday entitlement from his job to scour Europe for a location him and Jo liked. Knowing how much of themselves they have sacrificed and how much sweat and blood has gone into Rivierabike I’m sure they won’t be risking it by taking on the wrong person.
    TBH, if the wife would still be here when I got back I’d be after the job myself.

wrecker
    Free Member

If you’d met Adie you’d know professionalism and manners were no bar to being a guide.
    Nice to have, but not a bar.
    Fwiw, Jo more than makes up for Adie.

Is he right, ade? Are you a bastard? 😀

nasher
    Free Member

Thanks to all who responded…

Will be responding to them all by the end of the weekend.

Ciao a tutti

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I think “bastard” is a bit strong, but he is welsh. 😉

walleater

Just playing devils advocate as a potential future paying guest but I’m a bit surprised given the reputation of RB that guiding experience and qualifications arent a mandatory requirement? I’d have thought clients would like to think they were paying for some level of professionalism.

Possibly a bit biased/sensitive having ridden with a company who despite appearing to specify such qualifications managed to lose clients and not know what to do, have excessively sized groups, send clients off riding on their own etc etc, but navigational skills, first aid training etc surely essential CV material?

As an ex-guide I’d say allowing the guides to arrive in good time to learn the trails is way more important than guiding qualifications. My guiding instructor was great, but I didn’t really learn anything, but guiding on trails that I’d never even ridden before was a bit of a farce. Stopping to ‘go for a piss’ while in reality checking a map behind a tree was not exactly professional!

Kryton57

Does it pay little enough for my family to receive Child Care benefit while I’m away?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Want a Job as an MTB guide? in Italy?’ is closed to new replies.