Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Walna scar sanitation – an accident waiting to happen?
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Did the Walna scar pass for the first time today since its been ‘worked on’ . Heard how a lot of the techy, demanding, rocky descent as in ( relatively) slow speed had been replaced with whats basically a fire road. They weren’t wrong :cry:The thing I’m most concernd about this is the amount of speed you could pick up going down it. With the ( I imagine) increase in walkers going up there this could lead in some high speed collisions which would put us mtb’ers in an even worse light.

aP
    Free Member

Depends if you’re a **** on downhill fire roads or not really, don’t you think?

scuzz
    Free Member

Classic STW, fantastic! Take a bow!

ratherbeintobago

Stravaaaaaaaa!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Stravaaaaaaaa!

😆

jonba
    Free Member

Personal responsibility – I also noted that you could get a good deal of speed up. Lines of site are ok but passing walkers at speed (and not hitting them) will be just as bad. Drag your brakes, get the braking bumps going.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Drag your brakes, get the braking bumps going.

Sounds like a plan, I’ll take an anchor with me next time 😀

mrchrist

It’s the way some things are going…

I rode it last year mid sanitisation. Family walking up 6 abreast refused to move even when i politely asked them to move/excuse me they just smiled at me?!?!?!

Bit like doing the llanberis path on Snowdon, attracts loads of punters who don’t usually spend time in the hills and are scared of cyclists or have no idea what to do when they see one.

In conclusion: Avoid at busy times.

PS: did skiddaw on a wed evening in July…. AWESOME

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Walna scar sanitation – an accident waiting to happen?’ is closed to new replies.