Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wallpapering question – fixing 'paste the wall' paper peeling issues
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Just done our bedroom using paste the wall paper.

Hateful stuff – only used it as it was the pattern my wife liked.

Anyway, I managed to get it up fine, I mixed the paste on the strong side and I ensured I pasted the wall pretty heavily. However (and papering is the one thing I have always prided myself on being able to do well) the paper is lifting in several places along some (most) of the drops.

I can see myself re-papering again in a year or so, but as a short-term fix, what is the easiest and most successful way of fixing lifting issues?

Many thanks in advance…

twang
    Free Member

Small brush, overlap adhesive, seam roller, clean damp sponge and patience – good luck

johndoh
    Free Member

Cheers – isn’t that overlap adhesive really thick and gloopy though? That was why I hadn’t considered it.

Hadn’t thought about the seam roller though 🙂

seanodav
    Free Member

Paste the wall paper usually requires using a ready mixed starch based paste, or you can get a packet mix for the job but it isnt as good.
    when i say packet mix, you can get a packet mix specifically for pasting the wall

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Did you size the walls first?

bigh
    Free Member

Just mix up some solvite and use that. If you have a dodgy surface that you’re attempting to stick to use border adhesive.
    In future, PPPPPPP and all that crap, best primers i’ve ever used are Beeline primer sealer ( good value as you thin it down) and Zinsser Gardz (expensive but good)
    The new paste the wall papers are great to use in my experience. Its more likely a surface prep issue.

johndoh
    Free Member

It was directly onto lining paper…

stuarty
    Free Member

Hit the vet for a large syringe small cut with craft knife and inject

Find a window squeege works better than a brush for smoothing down

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wallpapering question – fixing 'paste the wall' paper peeling issues’ is closed to new replies.