Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Wall mounted bike storage! Does anyone make something like this?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Clicky

Needs to take a hardtail weighing about 25lbs with 720mm bars?

They also did a wooden shelf type which if it could take the weight then would also work if I could find someone to make one.
    Any ideas?

sweepy
    Free Member

Your link isn’t working.

drlex
    Free Member

Would you consider the cycloc?

wiggle page

Can’t find a weight rating, but have seen 50kg mentioned

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m sorry, I have no idea why there are two threads running, I only edited the first one so the link worked.
    Oh & I have emailed to see if the cycloc will work with 720mm bars, but considering it takes sub 500 without the space & that the spacer is 55mm I can’t see how it could work with bars wider that 610mm.
    Cheers all.

tymbian
    Free Member

It’s not gonna work with wider bars unless you loosen the stem and turn them 90deg.

igm

It needs to be angled to bring the rear closer to the wall and the front further out.

Result? Does wider bars and lets you get more bikes on the wall by overlapping slightly

tymbian
    Free Member

???What he said…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

But can the above be angled?

igm

Can if you shim it before fastening it to the wall. Could be done neatly or industrially.

igm

Actually scrub that last comment.

You can use it to hold the seat post – see the video on wiggle. Problem solved.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Something like this? I have one and it’s great.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I was worried about the seatpost method, what with all the weight being at the front of the bike & the leverage it would cause, but it could be a work around if the fixings are good.
    P&M, thanks but looks are more important to me.

IA

Worried about the leverage of a 25lb bike? How much do you put on it when you’re riding….

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

IA – Member

Worried about the leverage of a 25lb bike? How much do you put on it when you’re riding….

I’m not worried about the bike, more the wall or mount.

Cheers.

Danny79
    Free Member

I quite like the look of these http://www.bikeshelfie.com/ recent successful kickstarter.

faq says designed to hold up to 50lb bike.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Magic

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Wow the wife would go mad!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its art that is!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Liking the look of the magic one, I guess the pedals sit on a bracket?

joshvegas
    Free Member

The pedals hook on a slotted hook and the tyresrest on the wall so they dont swing about. The best bit is you can really overlap them.

flamejob
    Free Member

Just get a baton and some para cord.. Screw the baton to the wall horizontally, the cord at top tube height and add a hook or Velcro to the bike end.

Tyres rest on baton top tube hooked to para cord; job done. Much better than a load of brackets on the wall (had that situation in my dining room)

*goes off to look for pics

flamejob
    Free Member

Not like this… The prong things were a PITA when the bike was removed

Dining Room by Flamejob, on Flickr

petefromearth

I got two big steel shelf brackets similar to these…

Sprayed white (the ones I bought were a bit tatty)
    Padding = timber + an old tea towel + some bits of foam + staple gun

Can hang two road bikes from the top tubes, nose to tail, above the bed in our spare room, no handlebar turning needed

joshvegas
    Free Member

The problem with the baton and rope system is if you knock the bike it comes clattering down.

The pedad hooks are the best low profile (about 4inchs when bike is off)solution I have found both secure and easy and non damaging to the bikes paint work.

The wall gets marked though!

And they cost a 5er!

AlexSimon

Beautiful house you have there flamejob – love those high ceilings and period features!

flamejob
    Free Member

AlexSimon –
    Beautiful house you have there flamejob – love those high ceilings and period features!

Thanks man.. moved to a much cooler city now in a way more hip and trendy apartment 😀

All my bikes are in a cupboard now.

Anyone else have bikes displayed in the house?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Wall mounted bike storage! Does anyone make something like this?’ is closed to new replies.