Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • walksall corsa
  • project
    Free Member

Walksall as in you could walk faster up hill.

Basicly when starting off need to rev to 3000rpm just to make headway and keep up with traffic even fully loaded buses, and then when going up any hill its 3rd gear and lots of revs engine screaming and not much speed increase.

Just like the elastic band has snaped, its a 1.2 corsa 59 reg.

Is it ****.

butcher

Take the handbrake off.

properbikeco
    Free Member

engien sensor gone

matt_outandabout

Speak English boy!

Liftman

Clutch ****

project
    Free Member

Speak English boy!

engine revs , but car doesnt move off that fast, and speed drops considerably on hills.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I love cars like that! Skodia Fabia 1.4? Golf SDI? – means that once you get to 40mph then you must take all corners at that speed as it take half an hour to regain it otherwise. Hills mean you (and I!) are fat!

butcher

engine revs , but car doesnt move off that fast, and speed drops considerably on hills.

In seriousness, when there is power to the engine, but it’s not being delivered to the wheels, it would normally indicate the clutch. Often accompanied by a nasty burning smell. Put it in a low gear as you’re cruising, and put your foot down. If the revs rise sharply yet your speed doesn’t, that’s what it will likely be.

I will note however, that my limited experience is with old sheds, rather than new fangled motors made up almost entirely of electrical gubbins.

andyl
    Free Member

surely you put it in a high gear and put your foot down to test for slips? Lower gear = less torque needed through the clutch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not enough information to diagnose.

Unless it’s the eco-line 3 cylinder, in which case that’s perfectly normal.

butcher

surely you put it in a high gear and :oops:put your foot down to test for slips? Lower gear = less torque needed through the clutch.

Sorry, yes. I always get my gears mixed up. I think that’s the second time I’ve been corrected on this forum alone. I’ll get it right one day.

I can’t even edit my post either…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘walksall corsa’ is closed to new replies.