Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Walkout at katie hopkins speech
  • spchantler
    Free Member
    Notter
    Free Member

Erm I call cop out / social media click baiting. Why didn’t they actually walk out?

Make that stupid woman realise they didn’t actually want to hear her by leaving the room empty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johndoh
    Free Member

Why on earth do they have that headline then directly below it have a link to a video that clearly shows it to be incorrect?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Why didn’t they actually walk out?

More to the point… why would anyone walk in in the first place?

egb81
    Free Member

Surely the point of a debate is that people actually engage in debate, rather than just ignore the alternative view, however stupid.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I the article says they turned arround and then walked out (video wont play here).

Surely the point of a debate is that people actually engage in debate, rather than just ignore the alternative view, however stupid.

True, but have you ever seen an interview with Hopkins? It isn’t going to debate anything, she’d throw out a few sound bites and then the ‘debate’ would be all about her and her views, not the actual topic (which is what she wants).

fasthaggis

More to the point… why would anyone walk in in the first place?

This^^
    and it was a half assed effort of a walkout.

egb81
    Free Member

True, but have you ever seen an interview with Hopkins? It isn’t going to debate anything, she’d throw out a few sound bites and then the ‘debate’ would be all about her and her views, not the actual topic (which is what she wants).

I’d like to think that she’d act according to the setting, i.e. not just being an attention whore when in an academic space. Perhaps I’m a little optimistic.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’d imagine they only walked in so they could make a protest by walking out.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’d imagine they only walked in so they could make a protest by walking out.

If only they could have walked out without having walked in in the first place. That would have been the ultimate protest.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

She was very empathetic with her audience when she did a show on LBC, methinks she puts a front on for publicity reasons but might not actually be that bad.

nemesis
    Free Member

Unfortunately I expect you’re right TurnerGuy which in some ways is even worse.

Besides if you act in a bad way but think in a decent way, are you really still a decent person. I think not. I’m pretty sure that was in one of the Batman films too 😉

hooli

The sooner people just completely ignore her the better, she only says the stupid things she says because it gets her media attention.

soobalias
    Free Member

I didnt click it on FB and now im disappointed i clicked it here.

ElShalimo

Whilst they were in the same room, couldn’t they have just taken turns weeing in her shoes, handbag etc?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Walkout at katie hopkins speech’ is closed to new replies.