Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Walking trousers as casual trousers
  • slowoldman

Those Humvees though. 😆

kcr
    Free Member

Less than a £10?

Got a great pair of builders trousers for £8 in Lidl recently. Comfy, tough, lots of useful pockets. Just the job for me, even though I’m not building anything!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

Those Humvees though. 😆
    You’ve convinced me now that the Humvees might not be a good idea. How do I become more like you?
    Do I laugh at things I don’t like? Or things I don’t understand? Or both? If someone doesn’t like me laughing at them, are they then allowed to laugh at me?
    How does this work?

slowoldman

You’re allowed to laugh at anything. Even me.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Those trousers with the patches on the knees are dogging trousers. Why else would you need patches there?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Snobbery from the fact that you look down on Millets employees.

Give over. I’ve done my time in outdoor shops and don’t look down on people doing theirs now. But it’s a look.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Why else would you need patches there?

You’ve not seen me climb, I need patches everywhere.

Cougar

You’ve not seen me climb, I need patches everywhere.

I once got yelled at by my belay partner / climbing mentor; seemingly, whilst a hand jam is an acceptable move, an arse jam is not. Who knew.

lemonysam
    Free Member

A malicious rumour was started once that the reason I have both an Ecrin Rock and Half Dome is that I won’t wear the latter on routes where I might get a head jam because I might scratch it.

skids
    Free Member

I wear walking trousers 24/7 almost, craghoppers kiwi or north face ones, they are comfotable, don’t have those patches though

donald
    Free Member

But we’re all agreed that Ron Hills are the business yes?

kcal

But we’re all agreed that Ron Hills are the business yes?

the older and more threadbare, the better, yes – especially in classic blue.
    On the hill, down the pub, on the bike, absolutely 🙂

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

With these booooom thats right 4 da laydees!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

A malicious rumour was started once that the reason I have both an Ecrin Rock and Half Dome is that I won’t wear the latter on routes where I might get a head jam because I might scratch it.

Should have been the Roc you were precious over, people regularly asking £100++ for them on ebay.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Should have been the Roc you were precious over, people regularly asking £100++ for them on ebay.

You’re shitting me? I’ve still got it somewhere…

Nipper99
    Free Member

As a wearer of Troll climbing clothing in the 80s and 90s the OP will look just fine and dandy in those.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You’re shitting me? I’ve still got it somewhere…

Don’t know if anyone actually buys them tho tbh, someone currently asking £130, genuine auctions (people not shill bidding) usually go for a lot less.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Walking trousers as casual trousers’ is closed to new replies.