Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Walking to worktrackworld.
  • zippykona

Who walks the furthest?
    For a change I thought I would walk to work this morning. 3 miles in 43 mins ,which I thought was quite good. Got into ‘the zone’ like pedalling up a hill and now my shins are absolutely killing me!
    Can’t wait for home time.

Keva
    Free Member

2miles takes me 25min. But then another a mile into town and back at lunchtime makes it six miles in a day. I don’t walk very often though as it’s only 10mins on a bike.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I don’t do it regularily but I have walked to work a few times (including in the snow when the roads were chaos) and it’s 3.5 miles each way for me.

zilog6128

Sometimes run the 8 miles in and then walk back if the weather’s nice. Takes a couple of hours.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

50-60 minutes each way, but only once a week.

Houns

Depends on my shift but I often walk. Approx 2 miles each way. I would bike but the showers aren’t sorted yet

petergee
    Free Member

When I lived in Birmingham I walked to work every day. Sparkhill to Highgate – couple of miles or so and then I moved to Edgbaston so it was 2.5 to 3 each way. I loved it. Once I walked home though and realised I’d left my keys at work. No choice – I had to walk back…and back home again. I did not love that.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

As above I walked home in the snow this year and last year. 6.5 miles, mostly up on the way home and it hurt. Since then Ive vowed to take the bike!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

My missus walks 4 miles each way to/from work, 5 days a week, every week, all weathers, year round.

Mentalist. She seems to like it though.

Drac

Not me it’s about 1/8 mile so I take the car,

avdave2

We’ll be moving to a couple of new units soon and that’ll be less than 3.5 miles to walk and all but 400m or so will be over the Downs. I currently ride off road to work and actually pass the new place on my current route. I’m going to have to take a detour when I’m on the bike to make it seem worthwhile. I’m thinking I might look at running it once a week for a bit of variety.

Vinte
    Free Member

I used to walk 50mins each way, 5 days a week without fail when I lived in sunny Glasgow. I got through 100s of audio books. I now have a 40min Train ride 🙁 and a 4 mile off road ride on my single speed road bike 😀 . I’m thinking of getting some knobbly CX tyres for it. But slicks off road are too much of a giggle.
    V

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Approx 2 miles each way. I would bike but the showers aren’t sorted yet

do you need showers for 2 miles of cycling?

STATO
    Free Member

do you need showers for 2 miles of cycling?

Ditto. Ive walked the 2.something mile to work a few times and more likely to need a shower after that than biking.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Walking to worktrackworld.’ is closed to new replies.