Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Walking to Inverie, Knoydart
  • anagallis_arvensis

Anyone recommend a route? Is it possible to camp at Inverie? I will have the hound in tow so B&B’s might not be the answer. I want as easy a route as possible as I’m a bit old and knackered these days.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Your best bet is to go from Kinlochhourn via Barrisdale Bay. First part of the walk is pretty straightforward, mostly along the coast with a few diversions inland and some short, sharp hills. Around 10kms to Barrisdale Bay which is a great place to camp (beware midges though!). I think there’s a bothy there too. From here there’s a great path up over the Mam Barrisdale and down to Inverie. It gets up to about 450m with the option to take in Ladhar Bheinn and Luinne Bhienn. About 15kms for the second leg.

I’m pretty sure you can camp at Inverie…

The alternative route would go from Kinlocharkaig via Glen Dessary but is a much tougher proposition (from memory).

stuartie_c
    Free Member

More info on the Old Forge website.

druidh
    Free Member

You can camp just along the coast from the Old Forge. The beach is popular with Sea Kayakers.

anagallis_arvensis

Cool so I could walk 2 days into Inverie from Kinlochhourn camping at Barrisdale on way, camp on beach for a night and then walk back. Next questions can I leave the car at Kinlochhourn and can I restock on food at Inverie?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the route, but be aware that the midges on the west coast especially this year are really bad. Huge numbers, plus they are now attacking in bright sunlight. Even heard their flying speed has increased from their normal 4kph so need more wind to keep them at bay.

Take industrial quantities of Skin so Soft, and make sure your tent is midge proof

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Walking to Inverie, Knoydart’ is closed to new replies.