Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Walking dead in the UK
  • Pigface
    Free Member

+1 lots going on and pointers for the future. Does Carol become the leader of the Whisperers?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I thought it was a big let down after Ep1. A complete momentum blocker. Did like the idea of feeding Saviours bacon fattened up by the dead though

legend
    Free Member

This week was always going to be slow, the alternative was watching the main group being all upset for 45mins

slimjim78
    Free Member

Regroup, take stock, make plans, reach out.. instead we got Jah Cholmondeley-Brown

DT78
    Free Member

Wife and I spent most of that saying wtf. I know zombie apocalypses aren’t realistic but some chap with a tiger? Really?

chrisdw
    Free Member

I gave that episode 10 minutes. Think this is when I call it quits.

legend
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member
    Regroup, take stock, make plans, reach out.. instead we got Jah Cholmondeley-Brown

What would they do for the other 10 episodes then??

slimjim78
    Free Member

Exact revenge, carry out said plan, hit the road, find more interesting places?

FuzzyWuzzy

I thought it was OK, sets up the next phase (from the comics) nicely. They need the odd calmer episode to move some story lines on and for a juxtaposition with the gory episodes so they’re even more shocking. The tiger is a bit OTT but the CGI is great so I’ll allow it, for now…

squirrelking
    Free Member

For me, one of the most disappointing aspects of WD is the fact that in 4 or 5 years on the road they’ve mananged to venture about 20miles up and down the same roads.

600ish miles actually, they shifted from Atlanta to Washington(ish).

(Morgan must have crazy good tracking skills)

Watched the first two ths morning, didn’t see what the fuss was about regarding the opening. Till they finished it. Still not as bad as Irreversible though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Interesting points about distance / territory.

Negan, worse thing since ‘The Governor’ but what’s the Guy’s reach? They seem to be hanging around in a relatively small area with little pockets of civilisation that Negan feeds off – but at their core they’re a nomadic bunch – every series, they find somewhere nice, it turns to shit, usually burns down – they leave.

Rather than suffer under Negan, why not just leave? Is Alexandria worth all the arseache of him.

The Zoms, which caused the most problems in the early series aren’t much to worry about now, I’d be down the road – somewhere south, cold as bawls where they are it seems, wouldn’t suit me.

martinhutch

The saviours still have Darryl in captivity though – Rick and co aren’t going to just abandon him.

The whole series is sponsored by the state of Georgia, which explains why they seem to hang around the place. Not sure that iconic images of your fields and towns crawling with flesh-eating undead is going to boost tourist traffic though.

jimdubleyou

Rather than suffer under Negan, why not just leave?

Darryl is family.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ah yes, Darryl, I almost forgot about him, I doubt he’s in too much danger – wounded, captured, close to death, but the man’s a walking, (sometimes) talking rooting tooting killing machine.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Mrs Wagger and I are still playing catch up on this (currently on s3)

I`m already getting bored of people failing to avoid zombies that can only move at a snails pace. The whole thing would be much scarier if they could move super quick imho.

martinhutch

The virtual disappearance of the zombie ‘threat’ is the biggest problem the series has. They need to have a quick mutate into something more dangerous.

jimdubleyou

I`m already getting bored of people failing to avoid zombies that can only move at a snails pace. The whole thing would be much scarier if they could move super quick imho.

28 Days Later.

Much scarier…

Pigface
    Free Member

Didn’t expect The Jam on the soundtrack, another good episode IMO

P-Jay
    Free Member

I just can’t hear that song without a lisp.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I like this Negan guy, he’s a man of his word

lazybike
    Free Member

Don’t forget Lucille…I preferred Negan when he was Danny/Denny? in Greys anatomy, much more believable. Daryl still rocking it though..

slimjim78
    Free Member

But for how much longer?..

lazybike
    Free Member

Trouble is they’re going to run out of characters viewers actually care about…as is the way of long running drama. The scarred guy’s showing some promise though.

legend
    Free Member

Do we already know Sherry? Kinda feel like we’re meant to, but can’t remember her at all

Also:[video]https://youtu.be/JoQ4GidQP-k[/video]

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sherry was with Dwight in the burnt forest last season.

Didn’t recognise JDM as Neagan, certainly more interesting than John Winchester, hopefully won’t end up as one dimensional…

slimjim78
    Free Member

The scarred guy

I’m convinced he’s related to Christian Bale. (he’s not).

mooman
    Free Member

Last two episodes have been totally naff!

series started with a bang … I thinking we wont see any action again until the last episode. May give next series a miss – its been milked too long now.

jimdubleyou

Last two episodes have been totally naff!

Well, each to their own, but I’ve kinda enjoyed them.

Definitely moving to the “the real danger is other people” side of the apocalypse.

slimjim78
    Free Member

May give next series a miss – its been milked too long now

Thats what she said.
    I agree, its really stumbling along now – but i’ll continue to tune in because I’ve practically rinsed Now TV/Amazon Prime dry.

I’d like to see more ‘ingenious’ plots – where characters get out of sticky situations using their finely honed skills (a la A-Team!). It’s become a bit too ‘side-step zombie – stab zombie in head – jog on’

Definitely moving to the “the real danger is other people” side of the apocalypse.

Also agree. And Negan has real promise there as the worst baddie yet.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The only thing that could make this remotely interesting is if Darl turns to the darkside, of course later down the line when asked to kill Rick Skywalker he’d turn on the evil Emperor Negan.

ulysse
    Free Member

Z Nation is waaay more believable
    And more character depth
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVk9qGogxw4[/video]

slimjim78
    Free Member

Z Nation is waaay more believable

He killed a Z with the end of a comb..

funkmasterp

I’m actually liking this season more than the last few. Great acting and it’s the first time that team Rick actually seem to be in any real danger. I do think that they need to level up the zombies though, some sort of mutation that would make them dangerous again. The whole hunting knife to the head bit is becoming rather boring.

stewartc
    Free Member

Still don’t see how Negan can garner the sort of loyalty or fear he gets from his gang, most people would have shot him in the head the first chance?

martinhutch

They had a rocket launcher and a stack of automatic weapons. They could have taken out Negan and half his blokes as he did his ‘little pig’ thing outside the gate.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

And a big continuity error? Darll is subjected to apparently weeks of mental and physical abuse to break him yet Negan said he’d come to Alexandria in a week and he was early.

wilburt
    Free Member

Terrible storyline so far, nobody appears to be acting in the way humans would.

IMO its suffering from the LOST syndrome.

….and their definetly rinsing it for all its worth whilst not spending, wheres the city scenes, the winter scenes? Did this zombie outbreak just affect one wood, a field and a train track?

Pigface
    Free Member

Last episode was great, was there communication via morse code??? The Maggie lie is going to come back and bite them. Will Rossita shoot Dwight? Whats Dwights story, whats Negans story?

Enjoying this series

martinhutch

The episodes do need a bit more going on, though. Must have been about ten minutes’ worth of Rick saying nothing and looking teary-eyed this week. Last week was better.

richardkennerley

….and their definetly rinsing it for all its worth whilst not spending, wheres the city scenes, the winter scenes? Did this zombie outbreak just affect one wood, a field and a train track?

I’ve been thinking exactly this for a while. How long has supposed to have passed since the outbreak now? It’s been on 7 seasons and they’re still driving up and down the same roads!

I do like the show, but I hope they look at the bigger picture, I.e what’s happening elsewhere, is there a cure/solution etc? (I get that they follow the comic book for inspiration.)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Walking dead in the UK’ is closed to new replies.