Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Walkers,runners and dog owners.
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

Live and let live, the trails are not just for cyclists, show some respect for other people and perhaps they will show you some.

Quite right, but they're not just for dogs either and in my experience it's dog owners who seem to forget that more than runners/riders.

spacemonkey

The ones that really get my goat are the groups that (take up the whole trail and) look behind, see me/us bearing down on them (albeit at a respectable speed at this point), and simply turn around and continue on their merry way without even stepping aside one inch.

I mean, WTF is it with these people? Fair enough they might have had issues with MTBers in the past, but don't be so f&*^ing ignorant as to label us all like that. Or maybe they're just ar5eholes.

And another bugbear of mine is MTBers that let their dogs loose on singletrack trails. This happened again at Swinley on Saturday – bloke pulls aside to let me past, then 50m on his dog leaps out in front of me and I have to hit the anchors big time. Whoever you are your dog could've caused a stack AND been injured in the process. Sort it out FFS. This is the main reason that whenever I go running with our dog, we stick to fire roads and other trails where I know he's going to be safest, i.e he's not going to ambush bikers and they're not going to do the same to him.

Rant over.

midgebait
    Free Member

Wow, there are some negative vibes on here today 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surfer
    Free Member

Sorry TJ came over all critical there!! 😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nae worries surfer

project
    Free Member

Why not fit dogs with bells so you can hear them when they come chaseing after you.

Strangely dogs are like women,can always keep yapping at you even when chaseing you down the road,well the ex did.

CountZero

TJ's perfect world must stop somewhere around Birmingham, then. I have bells on all my bikes, and I use them all the time, as a Sustrans Ranger I'm pretty much obliged to. I've lost count of the number of times I've had aggressive reactions from walkers and dog walkers on shared-use paths, and even country roads. People regularly stop and look around their feet when I ring my bell, ignore it, tell me I have to get off and push my bike past people with dogs, (yes, really), complain because I do ring a bell, I've had a girl on a phone suddenly walk in front of me after I rang my bell to let her know I was there, knocking me clean off my bike. Fortunately, she fell over too and smashed her bloody phone on the ground. I pleased for you, TJ, that your world is such a perfect place, some of us have to live in a real one.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Walkers,runners and dog owners.’ is closed to new replies.