Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wales – Where do we go?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Could someone please recommend a 20ish km trail close to Afan (driving) please? We’ve got a couple of hours to kill before we go home.

Thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brechfa.

singlespeedstu

I love the way southeners some people thing that Wales is just a small track of land not more than 10 miles away from the M4. 😆

Ambrose

I concur. @OP, can you be a bit more specific please?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

We just want something easy to follow, within driving distance of Afan (10 mins from where we’re staying). We’ve had a long day today and don’t want a full day in the saddle tomorrow, but it would be cool to experience a different kind of riding we could do in a couple of hours and jump back in the car abd go home afttrr.

Exploring the non trail centre stuff in Wales is on our list. Just not today. Don’t mean to offend anyone’s sensibilities.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The mumbles mile

wallop

Which direction are you heading after you leave Afan? I’m not sure if there’s anything easy to navigate nearby (Brechfa is an hour in the wrong direction if you’re heading home east along the M4, for example). Obvious suggestions would be Cwmcarn or Forest of Dean but it depends which way you’re heading innit.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Back to the M4.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Cwmcarn if that is on your way home. There is a nice loop up and along Sarn Helen from Aberdulais and back down the Neath canal if you can find a map online – well worth doing.

singlespeedstu

You could always try riding back along the M4.
    That’s quite easy to follow. 😉

Or get so pished that you can’t ride tomorrow.

Works for the locals round Afan.

wallop

I would suggest the Twrch Trail at Cwmcarn then. 18km. Ten minutes from the M4 at Newport.

waldo1
    Free Member

I take it whilst you’re at Afan that you’re riding all the trails including glyncorrwg?
    If you’re heading back towards England then cwmcarn is the most obvious sanctioned track(covered in snow today). A good call tbh.

wallop

Or are you Enduro-ing?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Cwmcarn it is then! Cheers guys.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wales – Where do we go?’ is closed to new replies.