Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wales trails help
  • alexmynameis
    Free Member

Hi
    Planning on going to Wales next week for 3 days with the better half. She wants to go to Aberystwyth to see a friend so I guess I can go off to Nant Yr Arian for the first day. Second day I was thinking of going down to Brechfa for a bit (is the Raven or Gorlech trail better?) before camping somewhere on the coast. Next day passing through Afan or Cwmcarn and doing a few trails (advice appreciated on which ones to do) before driving back home.

Any suggestions about this plan or alternative places to ride? Preferably with at places that can entertain a non-bike riding female that likes walking/horses/drinking coffee.

creamegg
    Free Member

Cwmcarn currently disrupted by forestry work so trails are limited. Id go afan out of the two

gnusmas

Definitely do the Gorlech after NyA, both great trails.

therag
    Free Member

There’s only diversions on the Twrch trail at c.c
    The cafall is open & my favourite trail.
    Whites level or the blade at glyncorwgg are both great trails.

saxabar
    Free Member

Love the Gorlech trail. Starts meh and gets better and better before a belter of an ending

bigbloke
    Free Member

I didn’t like Blade trail much last weekend to be honest, much preffered the Wall and Whites definitely the best but it’s all personal opinion really.

ferrals
    Free Member

If you want to camp on the coast why not skip brechfa and pop down to Gower? You can camp at Llangennith right on the beach and there is plenty of riding straight from the campsite on Rhossilli down / llanmadoc hill. look at OS map/ strava for ideas, natural riding over rocky/grassy tracks among the heather/bracken.

alexmynameis
    Free Member

Alright, thanks for the tips guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wales trails help’ is closed to new replies.