Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Wales MTB hols
  • danv1989
    Free Member

I recently got my girlfriend into MTB and were going to Betws y Coed in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any short routes out there which aren’t too scary or massively uphill! I know it’s a bit of an ask!

Also, does anyone have any tips how to progress a beginner to being able to do red graded trails. I personally think that fitness is probably the main limiting factor to her enjoyment of MTB at the moment. I reckon it’s hard to enjoy somethin if u feel sick after riding up a hill! She has done sections of red graded singletrack in Scotland and enjoyed it so I kinda have hope for her in the long term. Blue trails are too boring and red trails are too hard fitness wise and a bit too scary for her. Problem is we’ve now moved from Sheffield and the Peak District to the middle of Birmingham so it’s much more difficult to do MTB / enjoyable fitness work.

Any tips? Thanks

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I have a few routes, I could always hook up with you and show you some nice flattish routes (will be a few climbs though) if you like.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Wales MTB hols’ is closed to new replies.