Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wales advice
  • deano904
    Free Member

Ok I’ll be heading back to the UK in August for a few weeks with the wife to see family & friends, but have managed to scrape together afew spare days here & there. So will be bring the bike along too, am looking at doing Afan, Cwmcarn, Brechfa & was wondering if Nant yr Arain is worth a vist too?? as have never ridden it.

I noticed too that the trail centers don’t open before 9 is it an issue to be on the trail before this as 9 is a very late start for me?

BigJohn

I did Nant yr Arian last week and it was a very nice 4 hours. But it’s unlike any other centre because there’s a 15 mile ride in the country topped and tailed with the usual through the trees singletrack. It’s all very much wheels on the ground, but entertaining nevertheless.

Feels very wilderness. Oh, and there’s a real stinker of a final climb back over the ridge into the valley where the visitor centre is.

The trails are well marked and they are open 24 hrs a day. It’s just the caff & bogs that don’t open till 9.

midwales
    Free Member

nant yr arian is well worth the the trip.

also llanwrtyd wells area – best to talk to the guys at http://www.redkiteevents.co.uk or ask in the drovers rest restaurant for route advice.

elan valley is also worth a visit – plenty of published rides to follow or ask neil at the bike shop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wales advice’ is closed to new replies.