Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Waiting for the vet to call….
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Today we’ve decided to call the vet out for our little border terrier. She contracted a disease of her central nervous system. Little more we can do. Hole dug in garden ready. Awesome little dog. Wish we could have had her more than the short 8 years. 😥
    I’ll post some pics later once I can stop crying… 😳

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

[/URL]

chainslapp
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted for you. I currently have a Jack Russell who is getting on in his years and I would have no hesitation in having a Border to follow on in his paw steps.

Good luck and stay strong for her.

bearnecessities

Best Wishes 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

I dread the day I have to do something like that. At least you are doing the right thing. Thoughts are with you.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

🙁

Sad news

pingu66
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate.

I know that I should hopefully outlast my two beautiful dogs. Definitely will be in floods of tears when I have to make that call.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

This is the first Christmas for us and Rosie our Border JR Cross. I am very sorry to hear and see such a lovely dog. Bless her and stay strong.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

We are going to have to make that call soon 🙁 our 16 year old jack Russell has just been diagnosed with renal failure today.
    Hoping that diet and a flush through on a drip will make him a bit comfier for a while longer.
    They are a pain in the arse, but you can’t help loving the bones of them.
    So sorry 🙁

Caz xx

Sandwich

Fab looking little dog, be consoled by the fact that she had a great run with you and you are doing the best for her.
    All the best.
    Mike

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry DD!! Molly sends her best wishes too.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Vet gone. 😥 😥
    Post me some puppy pics to cheer me up….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙁

She sounded like such an awesome dog when I read your posts over the years Daisy. Really sorry. I think she was the only BT that compared with Molly size-wise. Gutted for you.

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that Daisy. Really gutted for you.

Pigface
    Free Member

All the best Daisy just remember the good times.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

As you wished a pup photo. Sad times, but she had great times with you and means a lot for her and you.

On another note, just got in off a ride with the wife to find Rosie has destroyed our daughters uni notes !! 😀
    Bless her. We have seen so many borders on our ride today, it was lovely. Take care DD.

JulianA
    Free Member

We know exactly how it feels waiting for the vet to turn up. Been there once with one cat and almost with a second – she went before the vet arrived.

We dread the day it happens with our current two – one is fifteen in a few days time and the other is four and a half – all you can do is console yourself that you gave them the best life that you possibly could.

Wouldn’t be without them though – they joy they bring outweighs the pain of losing them. Doesn’t feel like that at the time of losing them, though, I know.

tonyg2003

Hi Lost our two border’s within a week in the summer. Both (litter mates) got to 16yrs. So feeling for you. 8yrs is no age for a BT. Just remember the good times.

In time you will feel better and start scouring the Kennel club find a border pages like we are now.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😥

sweepy
    Free Member

Sorry

ratadog

Very sorry for you. Our labrador, the eponymous Ratadog, is 15+ and getting increasingly infirm. Not looking forward to the inevitable end.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

As has been said… Remember the good times.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Our dog Cookie died aged 2 years old this morning after not coming round from emergency surgery last night. He was the best dog and we loved him more than anything. We rescued him from being dumped on the streets of Ireland when he was about 1 years old and he had an amazing year of being loved and looked after by us, hundreds and hundreds of hours of long walks in the woods, chasing scents, bunnies, squirrels and birds.
    He ate the best food and had big bones to chew on. He’d snuggle up on the sofa and the only thing he loved as much as being out hunting was falling asleep being stroked by us which we did every day. He got to see our first house and spent his last month living 3 minutes from thousands of acres of woodland, he had so many friends and people who loved him, he had doggy best friends who he’d play with for hours like a puppy. We wish he had been part of our lives for longer but we know we gave him the best life and he was a beautifully happy dog. We are glad he got to have a christmas with his family and yesterday he had a 3 hour long play in the woods with one of his favourite doggy friends then a belly rub in the pub from more people he loved.

Miss you buddy 🙁

RIP

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that Phil. I say it so often – pets are family.

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that Phil. I say it so often – pets are family.

Drac

Awwww bugger.

We nearly lost Jake a few months ago was looking the end for him, the lump turned out to be a bouncy ball. He’s been getting healthier everyday since.

totalshell

dusty in here tonight… cant think what to say that would be of any help..

Vortexracing

Me and Mrs VR just reading this, feeling so sorry for you, our Border, (Archie) is 6 in Feb, as much as he is a pain in the arse I cannot see life without him, so sorry about your loss.

chin up is all I can offer

Sorry

🙁

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for the vet to call….’ is closed to new replies.