Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Waiting for something to end on EBay – no other bidders but I'm convinced….
  • higgo
    Free Member

…. there's a 1001 bastard watchers all ready to strike and spoil my weekend.

I fully understand how Ebay works (I'm something of a sniper myself). I fully understand that there's nothing I can do about it, certainl not posting on here.

There's something I want on Ebay. A seller's got two (similar) on EBay and there are plenty of others too. The starting bid is a steal but it's been there for six days and nobody but me's bid on it. The other one's racing away. Seller has good feedback (including related items), the listing's fine and the answers to questions make sense.

It's not bike stuff but it's a bit like a decent looking seller having an Orange 5 and a SC Heckler for sale – one's now at the kind of money you'd expect it to go for, the other's still at £15.

It makes no sense.

IF I get it for the starting bid I'll be the happiest chap in happyland but I know someone's going to come along and spoil it for me. Grrrrr…

Yes, I know I should just bid what I'm prepared to pay and see whether I get it – that's what I've done – but it's a tantalising glimpse back through time to the good old days of Ebay when you could pick up real bargains.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

erm…. normal auction rules…. What is it worth to you MAX? Bid that and see if you get it! If not no worries.

What is it? I am intrigued?

higgo
    Free Member

What is it? I am intrigued?

You're joking, aren't you?

sslowpace
    Free Member

link??? 😈

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

erm… I know I am a little tired but? What am I missing?

higgo
    Free Member

link???

Foxtrot.
    Oscar.

(in the nicest possible way, of course)

wwaswas

if you've already bid on it then you've scuppered yourself – people will just keep bidding until they beat your one.

If you want to win bid in the last few seconds at your max bid.

higgo
    Free Member

I've only bid the starting bid and that was a couple of days ago. It's not prompted anyone else.

My max bid is with the sniper.

takisawa2

auctionsniper.com

👿

higgo
    Free Member

That's the one.

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

is it 'anal intruder 4' like off the film top secret? 😉

damion
    Free Member

My mate reckons ebay is the devils work for this exact same reason. How long you got to wait?

higgo
    Free Member

'til tomorrow.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP – I think you are dreaming/need to get out more.

dulcificum
    Free Member

auctionsniper is crap – just use jbidwatcher.

higgo
    Free Member

OP – I think you need to get out more.

Can't argue with that – going for a run this evening.

higgo
    Free Member

It's started.

Kahurangi

If you snipe with your max then you don't lose.

You either get what you wanted, for a price you were prepared to pay or it's sold for more than you were prepared to pay. If you were outbid the you'll never know how much they were actually prepared to pay so you can't whine.

Now go get me a beer.

higgo
    Free Member

Glum.
    Someone wanted it more than me.

vinnyeh

so, what was it then?

iamsporticus
    Free Member
    higgo
    Free Member

No.

Kahurangi

Oh, sorry.
    Hope it didn't ruin your weekend or yo should have bid more. Even if you didn't win, the chap who did would be more broke.

Where was my beer?

paulwf

auctionsniper is crap – just use jbidwatcher.

Why do you think auctionsniper is crap? I have used it for several years with no problems

grumm
    Free Member

Welcome to the internet

allthepies
    Free Member

>auctionsniper is crap – just use jbidwatcher

jbidwater is a download so you have to keep it (and therefore your PC) running up to the end of the auction yes ?

Whereas auctionsniper is a web based app so no need to have your PC on when the auction runs/ends.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for something to end on EBay – no other bidders but I'm convinced….’ is closed to new replies.