Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Waiting for a bike – how long?
  • Guybrush
    Free Member

Ordered a Kinesis bike on my company's cycle to work scheme in October, through a LBS. Was told I would have to wait 6 weeks as Kinesis had to order in some more build kits.

12 weeks later, and still no bike. 🙁

Should I just suck it up and keep waiting? Or is this starting to get a bit silly?

Ambrose

I waited 10 months for my Nicolai! And it was worth the wait.

mocha
    Free Member

S'pose it's only you who can tell if it's a bit silly. You can always choose something else…or wait. Depends if you actually 'need' the bike or you have others to keep you going?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's got to be said that if someone expected me to wait 10 months for a bike, I'd be either expecting a heavy discount or I'd tell them to shove it. That's shonky service in the extreme.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

My wife has been waiting since mid September for her Giant CRS Alliance! We've waited less time on new cars! Apparently most of Giant's carbon 2010 stuff has been delayed ( struggling to meet demand following lowering production due to recession ) but it really is taking the piss now! I've asked the shop to chase up Giant for some form of compensation in the form of carbon stem, bars, post sort of stuff but we'll see how that goes.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Ambrose – Member
    I waited 10 months for my Nicolai! And it was worth the wait.

10 months, mine was only 3, just about to order my 3rd so we will see how long that takes.

Beagleboy

I waited 4 months for my Genesis Croix de Fer through the LBS via my work's Cyclescheme. Every other week I popped into the shop and was given the same line, "Yep, spoken to the distributors and it'll be here in a week or so…". I kept giving them slack, even though I was already paying for something I hadn't received as my work had started taking the money off me as soon as I'd signed up to the scheme. 😕

Anyway, as it turned out, the night after I'd been yet again assured the bikes were in the country and on their way 🙄 , one of my biking buddies pointed to the huge crack running through my beloved Orange 5 frame. The next day, I had a quick chat with the Cyclescheme folk, switched my voucher to another bike shop down the road, and received my brand shiny new 2010 Orange 5 frame within 4 days.

I still fancy that Croix de Fer though….

B.

joolsburger
    Free Member

My mate has been waiting on a lapierre since November due end of the month now.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ambrose – what are you riding; is it on the MTBR Nicolai forum?

Mine took just over four months; I think they drank too much Gluwine just before Christmas.

Guybrush
    Free Member

Sorry for late reply – no internet at work..

I think I can keep waiting as long as the weather is pants. I only wanted the bike as I think it will look less appealing to the local bike thieves than my rigid Inbred that I usually commute on. Ie, it's a fixed gear Convert. If they want to nick it I hope they crash it at the end of the street and break their face.

It's just a bit galling as I don't know where I stand regards cancelling the order due to it being a C2W purchase, I'm already paying for it, and all my documentation already says what type of bike it is. Work are pretty hot on making sure no-one commits fraud, so 600 quid of shop credit isn't any good to me.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Did your bike really take 10 month Ambrose? That sounds very unlikely – the longest delivery times I can ever remember for a production frame was 16 weeks. In recent years we've been 6-8 most of the time. At the moment we're about 12 but it's coming down again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for a bike – how long?’ is closed to new replies.