• This topic has 48 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Spud.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Waiting for a baby to arrive/labour to start is hard isn't it!?
  • pleurr
    Free Member

psychle – my sympathies to your wife, as I understand from her point of view, not so long ago. Baby pleurr currently 10 weeks but was 1 week over due and making me quite uncomfortable.

For the ear plugs thing, I agree with Quirrel, you all do what you have to for some sleep. Hubby has now upgraded from ear plugs (which could hurt) to a specially ordered ‘sleepmaster’ mask. Even then he occasionally bails to the spare room. Doesn’t help when oldest awakens though, as I officially designated sprog 1 as his nighttime responsibility now 🙂

kimbers

psychle what hospital, youre west london?

if its queen charlottes, we had our camera nicked while we were in theatre, so watch out!

anyway good luck to both of you, dont listen to anyone who says that women have it harder than us blokes 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

True richpenny – on controlled crying at the moment but it’s not working. Hence this post 🙂

althepal

God, controlled crying… stick with it. It does work!

anagallis_arvensis

STAY UP THE HEAD END

thats all you need to know.

molgrips
    Free Member

Controlled crying at 2 MF? Blimey.

yossarian
    Free Member

Uh oh

Never tried controlled crying, didn’t like the idea of it and anyway found it impossible not to respnod to our children.

I’m not sure if it’s been better or worse but have pretty peaceful nights now and they both ‘sleep in’ til after 6.30 now! Result!

totalshell

dont let her hold your hand whilst delivering.. you ll never get the feeling back.

Spud

And once she’s past the nil by mouth stage (she was essentially prep’d for another section), whatever you do don’t turn around to listen to her whilst you stuff Jelly Babies in your mouth!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Waiting for a baby to arrive/labour to start is hard isn't it!?’ is closed to new replies.