Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wait for a five?
  • undapressure
    Free Member

Ordered an Orange five frame last sunday and the shop said they would have it by the Wednesday. Found out today that Orange have no rear shocks in stock and have not received their delivery that was expected last week. Anyone having a similar problem or know when I can expect Orange to start shipping again?

charlierevell
    Free Member

I've ordered mine, placed it on Friday and was told 2-3weeks for a bike.
    Mighty miffed, but its what i want so i'll wait!

slowrider
    Free Member

if i had to wait that long id probably go for a custom colour to make the wait even more worth it. as it was i couldnt wait so just went for the colour they had in!

enjoy them, best bike ive owned for a while!

I_Ache
    Free Member

No rear shocks in stock = you will get a 2010 shock. Dont moan.

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeah, some chap posted a photo of his and it came with the 2010 Fox shock with that new Boost Valve thingy. What difference it makes I don't know.

foxyrider
    Free Member

*NEW for '10* The 2010 FLOAT series of lightweight, high volume air shocks incorporates our revolutionary patented Boost Valve damping technology. Boost Valve was first developed and refined on the most demanding World Cup Downhill courses. This year Boost Valve is brought into the XC, Trail, and All Mountain categories in our RP23 level FLOAT shocks. Bumps disappear. You'll wonder where that harsh landing used to be on your favorite trail. And you'll smile as you pull away from your ride group when there's no sacrifice in traction or bump comfort while in the pedaling efficient ProPedal mode of your new FLOAT RP23.

?

sofatester
    Free Member

Marketing BS 🙄

fozzybear
    Free Member

basically means there is a greater resistance to bottoming out meaning you can run it with "normal" sag levels and not blow though the stroke..

plus orange ones are tuned spesifically for their frames.. will be worth it.

sofatester
    Free Member

Maybe not then 😆

smeg
    Free Member

Had a 6 week wait for mine, picked it up last Thursday, they were out of 18" Frames apparently, & it has the 2010 rp23 on it.

Off to the Alps on Saturday to break her in.

fozzybear
    Free Member

it's not marketing BS… it's a progression of air shock technology, spesifically in the latter stages of the stroke of an air shock to give it a rising rate to prevent you blowing though all the travel, the pressure/volume ramps up towards the end making the latter part of the travel harder to go though, means you can ride with optimal sag levels (i find i have to run 20% to 15% sag to stop me blowing though all my travel on my heckler!)

Richyb
    Free Member

Was testing a blood with the 2010 boost rp23 on at the weekend, felt great.

foxyrider
    Free Member

got an 09' in Jan and love it – pleased to wait 2-3 weeks for mine as had mine in disco black!

stumpy01

I have just been reading about this shock as it's fitted to the 2010 Fuel EX, which i am debating whether to get (among a few others!!)

It seems to have a dual chamber set-up.
    Up to 50% travel, it uses a small volume so it isn't all wallowy (apparently, like a large volume air shock is), then when you get to 50% travel a valve opens that gives you access to the large volume to soak up the bigger hits. Apparently it's quite a step forward.
    As they run at the same pressure, the transition between the two is meant to be seamless.

Rickos
    Free Member

stumpy – that's the DRCV which is the same on the Roscoe, not Boost Valve.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wait for a five?’ is closed to new replies.