• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • waist size to pelvis relationship
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just thinking and as there is always someone on STW who knows…

In my head waist size depends largely on pelvis size and fat/muscle being carried, and i suspect more to do with the fat than the muscle.

I am aware that there is a huge variation in waist size, how much variation is there in pelvis size? Basically curious as to whether you an determine how fat someone is from their waste size?

mudshark
    Free Member

Dunno but I think a ratio of 0.8 waist/hip is ideal. Calculator here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/hip_to_waist/hip_to_waist.shtml

raisinhat
    Free Member

Pelvis size as in the actual pelvic bone? Or just a hip/waist measurement?

mrmo
    Free Member

what i am thinking is that you can feel the bone on either side of the pelvis and the spine at the back, so in theory you can only carry so much muscle and fat in the gaps so it seems in my head possible to say if your fat purely on the basis of waste measurement,

Drac

You’d be surprised how much fat people can carry, not everyone can feel their hips. Pelvis.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Ah – the “i’m not fat, I’m just big boned” shaft of wit.

samuri
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re trying to get to a ‘big boned’ conclusion there. 😉

Of course, when I first read the title I thought it was ‘waist size to penis relationship’, which had me worried.

emma82
    Free Member

I don’t know but my gut *lol* sorry. reaction is that if you are asking the question, yes, you need to start the diet tomorrow. I’m sure you know what the answer is…….

peaks
    Free Member

Ratio of 0.72, woo hoo! Refil my glass of wine please 🙂

mechmonkey
    Free Member

how much variation is there in pelvis size?

The size of the pelvis varies not only in the two sexes, but also in different members of the same sex, and does not appear to be influenced in any way by the height of the individual. Women of short stature, as a rule, have broad pelves. linky

I have a large pelvis, seat bolsters in all my cars agree and so does the bruising that I get after go-karting where my pelvis doesn’t fit into the seats.

mrmo
    Free Member

I don’t know but my gut *lol* sorry. reaction is that if you are asking the question, yes, you need to start the diet tomorrow. I’m sure you know what the answer is…….

weigh under 70kg and 6foot, so not sure i need to go on a diet.

Just curious about the “i am big boned” thing, and seeing as if your a reasonably healthy weight you shouldn’t be carrying much excess on the hips, just wondered if you could say anyone buying size x trousers is fat….

oldgit
    Free Member

I have s tiny pelvis, that makes my tummy look massive.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

mrmo, if it helps, anyone buying 48″ waist trousers is fat…
    Or knows a fat person…

JoeG
    Free Member

Hers looks pretty good to me ==>

mrmo
    Free Member

mrmo, if it helps, anyone buying 48″ waist trousers is fat…
    Or knows a fat person…

they might be big boned?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘waist size to pelvis relationship’ is closed to new replies.