Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wainwrights walks Coast to Coast, on Blighty.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

The coast to coast series of Wainwrights Walks starts again tonight on Blighty, at 9. It’s really cool, I’ve watched most of them before, it’s good to watch it from the start though.
    Also I think I love Julia Bradbury a little bit, 🙂 , the main presenter of it.

Theres a few good ones in the series, Scaffells Pike and Halvellin (probably spelt wrong) are probably my favs, they look awesome, would love to go walking there some day.

snaps
    Free Member

They did Scafell yesterday on Blighty but it was blowing a gale.

Helvellyn in late July – better by bike!

nuke

Walked the C2C when I was 16 with my school…4 of us with 2 teachers. We stayed at YHAs or bivved so it was with full packs (no support). Days ranged from 15 to 25 miles but the longest day was 33miles. We weren’t particularly smart when it came to food and our main staple food was Hobnob biscuits with butter on. Great experience…absolutely loved it. That was 20 years ago and I still hope to do it again some day…maybe with my kids.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    michaelmcc
    Free Member

We weren’t particularly smart when it came to food and our main staple food was Hobnob biscuits with butter on

😆 hilarious.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Helvellyn in late July – better by bike!

Sweet..Can you ride all the way to the top and back down? Or do you have to hike a bike some of it?

snaps
    Free Member

We went up via Kepple cove which was about 2/3rds ride, 1/3rd push but I think other accents are more rideable.

Stainypants

had a crush on the bradders since she was at the old dungeon ghyll one night with her film crew and we were having dinner when we were walking the cumbria way. She kept looking at me at the time i though she fancied me, but reality she was wondering why the druknen fat bloke with severe sunstroke kept starring at her.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wainwrights walks Coast to Coast, on Blighty.’ is closed to new replies.