Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • wainwright coast to coast by bike?
  • johnduke
    Free Member

Does anyone know where I could find a guide to following the wainwright coast to coast as closely as possible on bike? I know theres the c2c but its shorter and alot of road. I’ve tried googling but all I can turn up are people trying to sell me guided packages or sherpa services. what I really want to do is a fully self sufficient crossing with as little road as possible over maybe 4/5 days. Just wondering if anyone’s done this or similar and has a decent route planned out?

OR… same question for a scottish c2c, there are several guide companies but I can’t find details for a self guided route. any ideas?

Sixam
    Free Member

Tim Woodcock Coast to Coast is the off road Wainwright equivalent. Well worth doing, though some hike a bike involved.

johnduke
    Free Member

that looks just the ticket, thanks very much

crispedwheel
    Free Member

We did the off-road C2C in 2007. I’ve got a pdf of the route that someone off here sent me, but i can’t find it at the moment. I’ll ask my bro and see if he still has it – it’s pretty useful.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

can I have that too please!!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

me too 🙂

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Right – at the risk of a flaming, neither of us can seem to find that pdf – must have saved it on old work computers. Sorry. Maybe best to start a new thread asking directly for a pdf of the off-road C2C? It was definitely from a bloke off here, but was pre-hack so I guess he might not have re-registered. I’ll have another look this evening and see if i haven’t burnt it to disk.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Have a look at the GPSies.com site, mbr did the c2c a couple of years ago and there is a link from their site.

http://www.gpsies.com/map.do;jsessionid=1BC81596F011CA280DCB8670413CABB9?fileId=yoqsjzcryofzjvar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘wainwright coast to coast by bike?’ is closed to new replies.