Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wahoo RFLKT(+) – Anyone using one ? Any good?
  • jonjonjon3
    Free Member

As title really, just wondering if anyone is using one of these on a regular basis and whether they are reliable etc.

Particularly interested in the + (ANT+) version.

cheers

jam-bo

backed it on kickstarter so got mine cheap. only used mine a few times but seems pretty good and reliable.

Not used the ANT+ functionality as all the sensors I have are bluetooth LP>

slowclimb
    Free Member

I’ve got one and despite deluding myself I’m reasonably IT savvy I cant get it to work reliably at all. 😳
    To the extent that I bought a Garmin 810 last week. 🙂

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

thanks for the info, so 1 good, 1 not-so-good so far….

jam-bo

Biggest problem I’ve had with all bluetooth sensors is where they are relative to my phone. Bluetooth doesn’t pass through the body well so if my phone is in a central rear pocket the connection is hit and miss. Side pocket or chest pocket and it’s fine.

somafunk

I have the standard non +ant version bought less than a month ago as i thought i may start to care about what distances or speed i’m doing – nope…not in the slightest , I’ve only used it twice as i don’t care in knowing how far or fast i’ve been riding – yours for £40 posted if you want.

jam-bo

I’ll be interested in a second if he isn’t.

somafunk

mailed you jam bo

londonerinoz
    Free Member

That Bluetooth issue jam bo refers to seems pretty fundamental to me given that both models rely on Bluetooth 4 to connect to a 4S or greater iPhone.

I use my previous iPhone 4 on the bars in their case or in my Camelbak with ANT+ speed/cadence and HR sensors. Works very reliably IME using Cyclemeter with its announcement options.

This new ANT+ version might have been slightly more interesting if the phone could connect that way too, but really this computer is just extra weight anyway since I rarely look at my setup during a ride. I’ve found the announcement options best.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo RFLKT(+) – Anyone using one ? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.