Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wahoo Elemnt Q regarding map detail in the UK
  • munkster
    Free Member

Am very tempted to go for an Elemnt but one thing I thought I might miss was OS mapping. Riding mostly on road these days I think I can cope without it on the bike but I do (rightly or wrongly!) use my 1000 with OS maps if out walking or whatever and it is handy for navigation on paths etc.

Can anyone give me any idea how the Elemnt works in terms of map detail – I presume it is OSM based mapping, but are things like footpaths and bridleways discernible when in map view?

Many thanks!

shuhockey
    Free Member

Quite a bit of detail but it’s all the same colour, so difficult to see what is what. I’ll have a check if bridleways and footpaths show up. As mostly use on the road. That’s my only issue really, with a Garmin the road were colour coded, so if trying to find your way you could see what was motorway, a road or b road. Can’t really with the elemnt. Do miss the touch screen as well.

munkster
    Free Member

Is the *wrong* answer hehe!

That’s exactly my concern about giving up OS on the bike. Admittedly only occasionally I do use it to navigate on the fly and as you say very handy to be able to know what strength of peril you are heading towards viz road type…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo Elemnt Q regarding map detail in the UK’ is closed to new replies.