Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Waaay OT Q for the Photoshop crowd
  • beamers

Is it possible to embed a hyperlink, i.e. website address into a photoshop image?

Is this possible or is the idea just sheer madness?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

So you click on the link and your web browser goes there?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Would you want this to be image specific? Ie, no matter where the image is placed, the link is automatically embedded?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    King-ocelot
    Free Member

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_5141900

tells I better than I ever could…

tollah
    Free Member

You can digitally watermark it, if thats what you are asking?

molgrips
    Free Member

catflees link shows how to make an image map with Photoshop.. not the same thing as having a hyperlink in the image itself.

I doubt such a thing is possible, and if it were it’d be platform specific.

CountZero

It’s a long time since I really did any serious Photoshop work, but I believe you might be able to do it with the image saved as a PDF file. Not entirely certain, needs a proper expert, really.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

no

beamers

That link only works with CS2 and lower, I’m using CS4 Extended.

But just as catflees suggests you click on the link on the text in a picture and your default browser opens and takes you to the target that the link is pointing at.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

why no just do it in html?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m still not sure of what the OP is after. Hyperlinks would exist in the webpage itself rather than the image. You can in theory make a .psd with a webaddress on it, then on a webpage you’ve built hyperlink that image to the original destination.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you could easily embed a hyperlink in the EXIF metadata of a JPG file, but the web page on which it was displayed would have to have code to pull it out and make it into a link…

beamers

What I’m trying to find out is if its possible to create an image file, with text on it, and when you hover your mouse over that text and click on it it opens up the browser on your computer.

I’m guessing this is not possible and a mad idea.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And how would you expect people to be viewing the image? Creating a link would surely need an application assigning to it (InDesign, a web browser, Word etc).

molgrips
    Free Member

You could make a webpage that did that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What I’m trying to find out is if its possible to create an image file

I think it might be possible in an SVG file, as the format supports embedded raster graphics, but I don’t know how this is done

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No then not as a .psd, it’s the means of viewing the image that makes that possible. As Mr Grips said you can do that as a webpage. An image is an image.

beamers

Understood.

Thanks all – case closed.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Waaay OT Q for the Photoshop crowd’ is closed to new replies.