Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • w2 or skyline at afan.
  • wolfrider
    Free Member

Hi all im going to afan next weekend and just wondered which of these 2 trails is the best and how difficult are the black sections on w2.

Milkie
    Free Member

Judging by the trail closures I would go with W2. It also means you can stop of at the Bike Park. 😉

wilko1999
    Free Member

The black run on Whites is good fun and not that black at all. There is one bit where it goes off a bit steep and rocky but you can roll it all

tonyg2003

Hi I did the W2 on Sunday. There are even fewer technical sections than a few years ago (the final Whytes level descent is now a shadow of its former self) I’d do it unless you like fire roads (Skyline).

rewski
    Free Member

I did whites level a few weeks ago, the climb is pretty tough, it’s the old downhill I think. The forest bits in the middle are awesome.

wolfrider
    Free Member

Ok cool. Think ill do w2 saturday and have a play on the bike park sunday morning.

wrecker
    Free Member

the final Whytes level descent Afan is now a shadow of its former self

FTFY

mafiafish
    Free Member

Skyline is good if you want to pedal all the way down and keep up speed and flow. Not at all technical but lots of fun with a few drops and rocky bits. (A good ‘Straaaaaaava style’ descent – like the Climax trail).

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I agree with Wrecker.

wrecker
    Free Member

That (skyline) descent has gone now hasn’t it?

SOAP
    Free Member

Start at the Wal go across the top to Energy then take the old fire road diversion up to Windy Point back across the top to finish Wal.
    Did this Saturday and is probably the best route IMO.
    Whites climb and decent are pants….

micky
    Free Member

Did W2, Whites & the bike park a few weekends back and thought it was fantastic as ever. Shame the boardwalk is closed at the moment as that is quite exciting to ride. Soon Blade and orange II trails will be open and Afan will rule again.

wrecker
    Free Member

Soon Blade and orange II trails will be open and Afan will rule again.

I hope you’re right micky.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘w2 or skyline at afan.’ is closed to new replies.