Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • W2 Afan
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Does any know what the conditions are like at the moment?

Also is it better to start from the Ponds or the original trail centre?

Cheers

trailmonkey

Also is it better to start from the Ponds or the original trail centre?

Depends on whether you want lunch at Afan or Glyncwrrg

Tim
    Free Member

Its fine to ride whether its soaked or bone dry.

Food is nicer at the ponds, so it depends on whether you want a big lunch or an after ride munch 🙂

nickc

Food may be nicer, but there's stories of "made up" prices. So, school dinner chips and honesty, or Omelette with way too much seasoning, and the chance of being robbed…

Wales, eh? 🙂

trailmonkey

word of warning, big lunch followed by Whytes climb is not recommended 😯

Del

stories of "made up" prices.

well a story is just that. you could have preceded that with 'a bloke in the pub told me' and it would be just as valid. i presume you can count?
    do so.

Rickos
    Free Member

Prices are on the board, so if you can't add up the price of a massive beans on toast and a can of coke then that's your look out.

Anyway, I did W2 with the Drop Off Cafe as lunch and as trailmonkey says, it makes you very slow back up the whites climb. Awesome trail on the whole though. Nice bit of linkage past the wind turbines and great views.

trailmonkey

Omelette with way too much seasoning

No, it's tortilla. Omelette is tortilla with way too little seasoning 😉

Must admit, I'm getting a little irked by these over pricing stories. There may be a perfectly innocent explanation to someone being over charged but all of a sudden it's become the first thing mentioned in all posts about Glyncwrrg.
    IME the DropOff does great food and drink at great prices and provides a superb biker friendly service.

nickc

see the smiley, feel it's warming glow…. 🙄

Lighten up guys…

Del

agreed. my post was a bit short – i wasn't being intentionally abrasive, believe it or not, and i have no link to the drop off. thing is though that this short of talk can cost businesses badly. i don't regard them as a charity or anything but the few times i have been there i've thoroughly enjoyed my time, the place is excellent value, and the whole 'experience' just works IMO. wish our local 'trail cafe' was priced the same way…

PJ266
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – AGREED.

And i was suffering from the heat 🙁

SpeedyG
    Free Member

Conditions are fine if a bit on the soggy side. Go from the ponds and don't stop until you get back there I find you enjoy your food more that way! I ride there at least once a week and if I don't get my welsh rarebit I'm very cranky! Prices are fine, car park cheap so you can spend a bit more on your grub!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘W2 Afan’ is closed to new replies.