Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vwt5caravantrackworld – VW T5 Tow Bar caravan options and advice
  • hardupdad

So the time has come in my life it seems where I may have to succumb to the caravan club. The Mrs has been harping on about one since our early days of camping. We went to a site and rented a chalet in Spain few weeks back and there were loads of caravans on the site there. I have to admit I am quite like the idea.

We have 2 kids and we like the outdoors but at the same time as some comfort. Caravan it is then!

Any pointers on the caravan front? Got driving assessment to upgrade the license booked for Saturday.

What do we know about tow bars for VW T5s? Surely I can get one for less than £300? Seen online fitted at nearly £500 which seems steep. Can’t damage the bumper and have parking sensors.

What does the caravant5trackworld suggest?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I suggest you use the search facility. Towbars have been done to death

Spud

We’ve a VW fitted removable tow bar on our 2013 Caravelle. High nose weight. We used to tow with an E250 Merc. Caravan is a Bailey Olympus 546 from 2011. Weight is ~1500kg so the Caravelle pulls it like a train. Think about what you’d like in a caravan. When we bought ours it was following ‘a look see’ 2 years after first looking and thinking. We have one that has a separate room for the kids, so two seating areas and a sliding door. Works really well. When we swap it’ll be similar but two single beds rather than bunks as they’re getting a little cramped at times. As above loads discussed on here. Our tow bar was v expensive wanted essentially factory fit. Which is a huge job. I’m sure loads of independents will do one equally well for less. There are websites, caravan finder is one, that detail layouts etc and allow you to compare. Good luck!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

Surely I can get one for less than £300?

remember seeing on the T4 forum that people were paying round 1000gbp for the install (Westfalia bar as per VW recommend).

if you’ve already got the T5, why do you want a caravan as well? with a caravan you are going to be on site (urgh!) so why not save on fuel (and image) and just rent a chalet or appartment at your destination?

survivor

Van plus caravan…

Classic gypsy look 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vwt5caravantrackworld – VW T5 Tow Bar caravan options and advice’ is closed to new replies.