Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • VW Transporter Price Help
  • fannybaws
    Free Member

Looking at current vans for sale and prices seem to be all over the place. From ok up to how much!!! Seen them from 7 to 17K

looking at a price for T5.1 140 SWB Factory Kombi with 123K miles on it.

Anyone bought/sold recently?

Thanks

Del

it’s the kombi aspect that’s going to do you first, 140 with 6speed box second, and if it’s got aircon too i imagine they want mega money.
    it’s very tempting to look at newer, plain spec vans with low miles or nearly new, and compare to those well specced vans with all the whistles and bells that have been to the moon and back, but obviously you’re not comparing apples to apples.
    if you want AC, you’ll probably want to buy a van with it fitted. anything else can be done, pretty much, for a price.

fannybaws
    Free Member

yep 140 with 6 speed and air con. colour coded bumpers, alloys, sat nav/bluetooth/dvd. insulated/ply lined and carpeted rear etc

trailwagger
    Free Member

Its worth whatever you want to pay for it, but personally i`d be looking around 13 – 15 k for something decent with not too high mileage

Nico
    Free Member

I think the op is trying to tell you he has one for sale.

fannybaws
    Free Member

i would have an ad up if i had a clue how much to put on it. or how much is in the van to see about changing it.

Cheers

trailwagger
    Free Member

OK, well then its worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. I`d be looking around 13 – 15 k for something decent with not too high mileage

steveh

What reg is it? FSH? Any major work done? Colour? Condition?
    I know a decent amount about transporters so may be able to offer some advice.

nobbyq
    Free Member

aren’t transporters , overpriced , underpowered , noisy , unreliable ????

redstripe
    Free Member

^yawn, predicatable.
    I’m looking now to replace my existing SWB T5 Kombi in the New Year with a newer LWB one and you’re right, huge price variations. Weirdly some prices of late T5.1 kombi’s advertised are way higher than you can get brand new T6 ones for (e.g. from Happynewvans albeit current 16 week wait on order).

fannybaws
    Free Member

60 plate, yes FSH, metallic blue. recent mot with disks and pads done. major work has been turbo replacement and intercooler replaced a couple of months ago. Condition is Ok i would say

steveh

If it’s in ok condition I’d say 12k ish. That’s assuming it needs some tidying etc. Depends if you want to sell it fast or not too as now is not the best time to be selling.

curto80
    Free Member

Bought mine yesterday. March 16 reg, 4000miles, main dealer, kombi trendline 140bps

£18250

nobbyq
    Free Member

which t5.1 is best ? anything to watch out for ?

fannybaws
    Free Member

@curto80 was that inc vat?

thomthumb
    Free Member

condition is king on vans. age and mileage mean so much less than on a car.

When buying mine I saw 24k examples which were trashed and 100k in showroom condition.

Del

to some. i wouldn’t spend 12k on any vehicle with >100k on it. ymmv.

redstripe
    Free Member

curt80, that sounds like a really good price for one from a dealer

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the joke is that its the ‘vw scene tax’ you are paying

there are two sets of vw price, sensible and what idiots think their van is worth when they put a stupid stick family sticker on, some ghastly wheels and heaven forbid a lei.

best thing to do is just look at loads then make your mind up. its easy enough to buy a basic van and have windows put in, lining and flooring are all totally DIY do-able and many companies sell excellent RR beds (i bought a spacesaver one from jds metaltech in sheffield and would totally recomend them).

personally i sold my T5 that i had for 7 or so years and bought a ’71 microbus for a toy and a berlingo multispace for day to day.

the t5 i had converted myself and easily got my cash back, but i sold because it was a utter expensive pain in the bum that was always throwing up electrical and mechanical niggles. do a search of the t5 forums, you will always see the same ‘what does this dash light mean’ threads.

nickdavies

Curto was that plus or inc vat? Don’t suppose you could recommend the dealer if that was inc vat.. I’m looking for similar. Cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘VW Transporter Price Help’ is closed to new replies.