Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • vw touran
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Any tales of woe?

peajay

Had one 9 years from new, broke a couple of springs and both front electric window mechanisms ate themselves and a bit heavy but not bad really on front tyres, other than that nothing major, still had original exhaust when I traded it in.

peajay

Just spotted the other post, 7 seater rear seats are children only sized, unless a very short trip taking pals home from the pub, and no spare wheel, never needed it mind, made me fanatical about picking up nails off the road, I’ve lifted hundreds now, must have saved many people punctures can’t understand how people just walk past them now!

stumpyjon

Like many VAG cars can suffer from sensor problems which are often expensive to fix. Within six months of our warranty expiring we needed a new airbag ecu (they can flood given where they are mounted), new steering rack (£1500 due to a sensor fail) and something else expensive sensor related I can’t remember. There’s also an ABS issue which can be around £1500 to fix. This was an 09 plate.

That said we traded it in for another one as it was very fuel efficient, pleasent to drive and very practical. Will be extending the warranty though.

maxray
    Free Member

I love ours tho just had the turbo fail 🙁 def shop around tho it was still £1100 to sort it :$

That’s the only thing thats gone wrong on ours.

Re the back seats I wouldnt say they were kids sized, they just dont have a footwell which makes them feel smaller.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@stumpyjohn – you really don’t need a new steering rack because a senor fails (well not unless there has been some other damage). Sadly sensors are used (abused) by dealers as an excuse for expensive unnecessary work, Audi told me we needed a new inlet manifold for £2,000 instead my local special replaced a simple component for £60. Also extended warranties are abused by dealers, you pay for them and then they claim lots of work from the insurance company provider. We had an example of this from Toyota, they wanted to put a third new exhaust on (due to catalytic converter failure as identified by a “sensor”), anyway I googled the problem and changed the car battery (low / variable voltage causes the sensor to trip), fixed it !

BillMC

Check this: http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/389

Looks like a dog to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘vw touran’ is closed to new replies.