Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • VW Touareg owners … where's the parking sensor off button
  • thebrowndog
    Free Member

Any idea where it is on my new-to-me 2012 Touareg Escape. The parking sensor warning is far too loud and I need to turn it off when reversing with a trailer to stop my ears bleeding. The owners manual says there is an off/on button at the top of the centre console, but its not there. Anyone know where it might actually be?

Liftman

Should be a button marked

Either above the radio display or beside the gear lever.

Also if it has the proper tow bar electrics it should have been coded so that the rear parking sensors turn off when the trailer is plugged in.

garage-dweller

Not a toe-rag owner but in my same era Passat it’s on the left side of the gear stick (dsg). Just behind the auto stop on/off button. It doesn’t remember they’re off though (irritating when one of the sensors is floating around inside the bumper).

The layout of all the other buttons is the same as the mk7 golf I had as a holiday rental earlier in the year. So hopefully same for you.

You might be able to switch them off somewhere in vehicle settings when the car is stopped.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies but nope, not there. Im off to a VW dealer this weekend to sort it out. The tow bar isn’t a VW jobbie either so I might just have to learn to put up with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘VW Touareg owners … where's the parking sensor off button’ is closed to new replies.