Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • VW T5 stereo replacement……..
  • boxelder

Got a Kenwood dab stereo etc to replace the standard stereo but can’t find the fascia/adaptor to turn the original double din into single din fitting and ‘pocket’ beneath. Found it for the post ’09 T5, but not for my 07.

Need something like this

Any help appreciated.

CountZero

Had a look at Skodas? The Octavia, like mine, has a regular DIN aperture, with a little recess underneath, which is where I stuff my iPod when it’s plugged into my Kenwood DAB unit. Worth a look.
    [edit] like this? http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/skoda-facia-adaptor-1.html

tthew

Not directly helpful I know, but Halford’s had nice JVC double-DIN CD players with the usual connectivity options and apparently compatible with OEM steering wheel/stalk controls for 99 quid. Might be an option if you can take yours back?

edit – or is this any use?? DIN Pocket

Crell
    Free Member

This has generally been covered to death on VWt4. If you ask on there I’m sure they’ll point you to the right fascia for your head unit.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’ve fitted a double din dab unit from a polo went into my skoda ok do it should fit the t5.

CountZero

Reading the OP again, he has a double DIN space from the original stereo, which he’s putting a single DIN unit into, and needs a pocket to fill the empty lower space, like my Octavia has, so tthew’s DIN Pocket ought to do just fine, and only five squids, too. Do I pass GO, and collect my ten pounds? 😉

boxelder

Needs fascia, pocket, aerial and wiring adaptors – eventually found it as a kit.
    Ta

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘VW T5 stereo replacement……..’ is closed to new replies.