Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Vw t5 problem's
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

So I bought into the Vw thing with a t5 now in my ownership. Everything has been going smoothly until I had a cambelt n pump changed. Now I’m getting a engine fault warning and the orange coil comes on but only for a split second. It seems to come on when I reach 40 mph and is intermittent at mo. Anyone else come across this. It’s had the diagnosis machine plugged in and no apparent errors are showing??

postierich
    Free Member

Gaffer tape over the warning light 🙂

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Do you think that will do it rich? Haha I’m supposed to be driving up to the lakes pal too in morning

dai21t
    Free Member

Cam timing slightly out?

tjagain

if the fault only started after the belt changed then its back to the shopto get it sorted. Cam timing a tooth out sounds plausible to me

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ffs not typing all that again.

Summary. Sounds like they either didn’t undo the hp ip pulley bolts before fitting belt. iOS

Many people don’t understand their purpose and think it’s a waste of time. You may get away with leaving them 8/10times ESP if the belt hasn’t stretched much …..

Result ip pump timing is out.

Marko

Engine size/code would be useful.

Logic* would dictate that the belt change ’caused’ the problem, so give the garage a chance to look first.

*Not always though – removing the engine mount (for example) to access the belt by lowering/raising the engine may have been the final straw for a dodgy electrical connection elsewhere, so don’t get pissed with the garage just yet.

postierich
    Free Member

What are you unto Mike I,m in the Hawkshead Brewery tonight after a Garnurn Ride then I,ve got a bivvy planned for saturday at a great spot if interested!will be around 4pm depart from Staveley

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Happy days took it back today and the mechanic held his hand up and apologised, he had to tweet the timing belt only slightly all good now….phewww glad of that! Rich I will message u pal about tomorrow sounds good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

It happens to the best of em lad

The key to a good mech is one that can admit his mistake 🙂

bramblesummer
    Free Member

T5….oh dear….I had a 2.5 litre version and over 150k of miles saw 3 sets of driveshafts, 4 turbos, 3 sets rear shocks, 6 exhaust gas pressure sensors, 2 egr rails and a complete radio, amongst some other more minor issues. They’re a lovely surf wagon, but just can’t take the beating a Vito can over the miles.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

3 driveshafts and 4 turbos. Sounds like a stupidly ambitious remap.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Sadly not, it was a life under max gross load (3.2t) that showed up the faults. It wasn’t an isolated case in the fleet, most of ours suffered similar failure rates.

takisawa2

Keep looking at one of these.
    Usual terror stories.
    A new one on PCP looks a better deal than winging it with one that’s just out of warranty.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah well 2 bikes in the back as per most on here will not show up the same issues haha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Vw t5 problem's’ is closed to new replies.