Regrettably I am having to sell my T4 to contribute toward a house deposit.
The van is a 1.9TD 800 Special, everyone seems to want the 2.5tdi as I guess it is a faster version but the 1.9TD is bombproof and has on a good run returnd 40mpg and always above 30mpg making it a camper van you aren’t afraid to use because of fuel costs.
I bought the van from a Vzi member around April last year and then set about the process of personalising it and importantly making it as reliable and practical as possible.
I genuinely love this van .. it is very reliable and last year completed a faultless 10 day trip around Europe doing a few hundred mile a day without complaint ... I have no doubt once the house is bought and life settles again I will be building another one.
Tested – October 2013
Taxed – September 2013
Mileage - 149,000
Engine and Gearbox
- Turbo replaced July 2012 ( cost £600 fitted)
- Timing Belt replaced April 2012
- EGR blank off valve
- 5th gear modified for better economy on long runs
- Sach Super HD Shocks ( fitted October 2012)
- CMC 60mm lowering springs
- Mercedes 17” Monoblock wheels painted olive green
- Load rated tyres fitted
- Smoked rear lights
- Clear front indicators
- Bonnet bra
- Awning rail
- Fiamma 3 bike rack
- Euro pressed metal number plates
- Hook up connector behind fake fog light
- Dubflecta wind deflectors
- Full camper conversion.
- Webasto diesel night heater
- Split charge system with 2nd battery and battery charger to charge battery when on hook up.
- ¾ rock and roll bed finished in inca fabric with seat belts
- SMEV 2 ring gas stove
- Sink and tap with clean water storage
- Fridge, 240v ran from invertor (very low current draw in use)
- Led interior lighting
- Swivel front seat
- Camo front seat covers (original seats in excellent condition)
- Gear lever extender and 8 ball gear knob
- 240v hook up with consumer unit and interior 240v power point
- Front and rear speakers
- Curtain around side and rear
- CD/MP3 player with aux lead routed to rear of van to plug in ipod etc
- Thermal screen cover
- 20m hook up lead
- Passenger side door pocket, not fitted but a good accessory
- Kyham sun canopy
- Roof bars ... not fitted as overlap awning rail.
- Will include original front and rear lights that were replaced.
- Will also throw in any odd camping bits and pieces I have no use for.
- Bodywork is good but not 100%, there is a nice knock in tailgate which bike rack covers and marks around the body, after all its ben around for a while.
- Aux belt seems to be slipping at moment meaning power steering is a bit notchy ...this is a problem I will fix for the new owner by dropping the van in to a garage ... while at the garage I will get a health check done and any issues rectified so everyone leaves the deal happy.
- Some of the interior wiring could do with boxing in, mainly over the battery charger and around LED lighting. ... while I am okay with wiring my carpentry is not great so I haven’t got round to doing it.
- Could do with a sliding door seal though this isn’t urgent.
Price.... the price of T4 vans is hugely variable with no real consistency so I have totalled what I have spent and subtracted a few thousand pounds at least as a starting point....
So £5995 ono... van located in Newcastle Upon Tyne.