Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • VW T25 Campervan- What to look for?
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Howdy all – anyone owned a VWT25 1.9 and can advise of what to look out for? My mate is going to look at one today. Cheers.

MikeG

Rust. Rust. And more rust*
    Have a look at the club 80-90 wiki, used to have a good checklist for buying.

* body rusts from the inside seams out, be wary of any van with filled seams. Look at the front to rear Waterhoses early vans have metal ones which rust, later ones are plastic but the ends can deteriorate and leak. 1.6,non turbo diesels are very very very slow. Windscreen often leaks and rots beneath the seal. Condensation trapped inside by insulation causes the bottom of the silks to rot out.

Buy on body condition only, everything mechanical can be sorted easily rust repairs can get complicated and expensive quickly

teenrat

As above….RUST. I had an old B reg and to be fair, it was awful. I shot blasted all the seams and primed with zinc 182. I still see it around town now and then and it is very rusty despite the work i did. I sold it on as i could see it becoming a real bind in terms of both time and money. It was a 1.6 non turbo diesel. I had breather/pressure issues on the engine that spat oil out all over the back of the van, it was slow, noisy , not good on fuel. Would i buy another, not a chance.

pictonroad

Previous thread.

oh, it’s a T3… (futile mission on to end the use of T25) 😆

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

thanks for the info. I just went to see it with him and it had everything to look out for on that list. I managed to get him to walk away 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘VW T25 Campervan- What to look for?’ is closed to new replies.