Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • VW service refund
  • j5kol
    Free Member

I took delivery of a new VW Touareg in June of this year on a lease agreement with VW finance. Shortly after I setup a service agreement for the vehicle with VW finance to pay a monthly fee which would cover servicing of the vehicle for 3yrs. As a result of this I received a letter from VW finance to inform me that as a good will gesture they would refund me the cost of the first service as a result of taking out the two agreements with VW finance. After a few weeks I am yet to receive said refund. I have contacted VW finance who claim they have sent the letter in error and will send out a letter of apology. Is this really acceptable and if not where do I stand legally with getting them to honour the refund.

njee20
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have thought it’s a legally binding letter, so tough shit. IANAL though.

I’m guessing your user name is also your number plate…?

andyl
    Free Member

I suspect it’s not worth the effort or waste of life.

You didn’t take out the deal expecting the money back so you are not really any worse off.

j5kol
    Free Member

Username isn’t my numberplate, nice try old boy !!

allthegear
    Free Member

Were you told by the salesman in the garage that you would be refunded the previously self-paid services if you took out the deal? If so, you may have something but the most you could expect VW to do was to cancel the deal. I doubt they would have to refund your self-paid services.

Rachel

njee20
    Free Member

Username isn’t my numberplate, nice try old boy !!

Dammit, I was hoping to judge you for more than the fact you bought a Touareg!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘VW service refund’ is closed to new replies.