Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • VW Passat Estate boot opening problem….
  • muzz
    Free Member

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a 2003 Passat TDI estate and cannot get the boot open.

Here’s the deal:

1) The boot open switch on the inside of the driver’s door ‘pops’ the boot so DOES apparantly unlock it, but when you go round the back and press the button under the handle to open the boot it does not open fully and only stays slightly ajar. I cannot hear any noises when pressing the button.
    2) The boot unlock buttons on both the main and spare key fob have no effect
    3) As a side not, the door unlock buttons on both the main and spare key fob only unlock the drivers door. All passenger doors must be unlocked from the switch on the inside of the drivers door.

Point 1) seems to suggest the boot problem is limited to the door opening switch underneath the handle on the boot, above the badge.

Can anyone help please?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

What happens if you use the key in the lock?

We had to do this for a while then everything returned to normal.

allthegear
    Free Member

I had something that sounded very similar on my Octavia. Estate, solenoid working but boot not opening.

There was at least a couple of trips where I was having to climb into the back, over the bike, to manually open the catch (there’s a thing you can stick a key into that opens it on the inside of the lock)

Turned out that there are some adjusters that set how ‘closed’ the door gets and they needed adjusting. Then all was fine. No new parts and just a few quid.

Rachel

sockpuppet

If you press the unlock button on the fob a second time it should unlock all the other doors.

I’ve already got into the habit of double pressing every time.

Not sure it’ll solve the boot issue, but may save you a few seconds each time!

LHS
    Free Member

You have to press and hold the boot unlock button on the fobs for a few seconds for it to work. Also as suggested, use the key.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Had a similar issue with mine. I think the problem was damp getting into the boot lock from the washer unit. Common Passat design flaw.

Does the key still open the boot? If so this may be the problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘VW Passat Estate boot opening problem….’ is closed to new replies.